ASUS KRPA-U16 - Bi-Furcation

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
I know some used this motherboard for ES CPU overclocking in the past. But I'm more interested if this board has bi-furcation enabled? ASUS server boards are not known to have bi-furcation activated until someone mods the bios. This board is dumped on eBay currently for ~200 EUR being able to run 3rd Gen EPYCs like my fav 7313/7343s. Form factor is perfect. I also have confirmation that NVDimm-N shall work flawless. I'm not very eager to mod the bios for bi-furcation until someone can do that with 99.9% confidence not to break anything.

So if someone could confirm bi-furcation works here, that would be awesome. I really tried to find source for confirmation, but failed in the last week.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
I'm not very eager to mod the bios for bi-furcation until someone can do that with 99.9% confidence not to break anything.
have seen this board with an unused DIL8 socket. BIOS modding will be possible without risk then.
some settings are there, don't know if they are accessible or hidden. and any time there is a risk if even we make them visible they are not working.
ASUS KRPA CPM Dxio.jpg

Reactions: gb00s

EdwardTwiss

Nov 16, 2016
have seen this board with an unused DIL8 socket. BIOS modding will be possible without risk then.
some settings are there, don't know if they are accessible or hidden. and any time there is a risk if even we make them visible they are not working.
gb00s did you have any luck with your testing? I have an ES CPU and a KNPA-U16 and I'm looking to install a NVME PCIe x16 card that needs bifurcation.
ASUS don't give any info on that subject for the KNPA-U16.
Great little motherboard but there's not that much info online for it.

pnp_PioNer

Sep 20, 2021
hi all !
I have an epic 7002 and I am also very interested in the possibility of bifurcation on KRPA-U16
Here's what I found on the asus website in the bios updates section
asus.jpg
But I don 't understand where to find the settings of this functionality !