ASRock Rack B650D4U MicroATX for Ryzen 7000 processors

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

thommo101

Feb 6, 2021
It looks like there isn't a way (at least obvious to me) that the BMC video adapter can be disabled completely - I guess this makes sense - need to be able to monitor video output for installing etc. It is just a shame it is using VGA. Our supply of old monitors that support it is reducing over time.

In Windows with all drivers installed I have:
- GPU 0: ASPEED 2500 (VGA)
- GPU 1: AMD Raphael Internal GPU (DP + HDMI)

So when the Windows installer comes up - it is defaulting to the ASPEED adapter. The IPMI HTML5 viewer was OK to run installers once its network was configured. Thanks for your help. At least I know what I will need to do for the next units due to arrive soon.

Our application suite which was hitting about 70% load on a Dell Precision 3930 Rack (8700K) is hitting 14% load on the ASRock with 7950X. With fans manually set to a fixed 40% duty cycle (10600 RPM) for tolerable noise level then it was sitting at 65C with 54W package power. I've not touched the power thresholds yet.

RolloZ170

Apr 24, 2016
It looks like there isn't a way (at least obvious to me) that the BMC video adapter can be disabled completely - I guess this makes sense - need to be able to monitor video output for installing etc. It is just a shame it is using VGA
can bedisabled. but not supported on this mboard.

ECC4Life

Jul 10, 2023
If you're going VMware, I would not recommend this board at this time. Historically, AMD low-end chipsets - even from ASRockRack - have had issues (i.e. B550D4U.) Anything else should be fine, but I would expect PSODs on B650's in general. But there's somebody, somewhere that has tried to HCL the X470 and X570's, and I expect they will try the X670 as well.
Even if I did know (for the record, I don't) if they had an X670 variant in the pipe, I couldn't say. But it would surprise me more to hear they didn't.
There's a post on reddit where people have been testing x670 boards that work with ecc ram so you could use one of those if you don't trust the reliability of the B650s..... Of course some of them don't have 10Gbe ports if that matters....

ECC4Life

Jul 10, 2023
The "intelligent" ports like hdmi and displayport are not just ports but also (softtware) protocols (increasing the complexity of the bmc), in case of hdmi it would require also proprietary stuff (like hdcp, licensing is handled by an intel subsidiary :D) & licenses (increasing the price) to support all kinds of monitors & tvs with hdmi ports ._.
You can also use HDMI to extract 7.1/atmos/dtsx channel audio too seeing how there doesn't appear to have the general audio output ports for sound...

SpaceCoretes

Jul 26, 2023
Hopefully someone can help me with an issue I am having with these boards. If this is the wrong place can you guide me towads the right place.

MB : B650D4U-2L2T/BCM
CPU: Ryzen 9 7900
RAM: Kingston KSM48E40BD8KM-32HM 32gb Ddr5 x2

When powering the system I am not seeing anything on the screen. I am connected to VGA. The mb displays 15 then switches over to 99. From what I have read is the bios issue and the CPU. I found the IP address to try and use the IPMI but the webpage times out.

Im sure its the bios causing the issues but I am stumped on how to actually get it to update.

thommo101

Feb 6, 2021
When powering the system I am not seeing anything on the screen. I am connected to VGA. The mb displays 15 then switches over to 99. From what I have read is the bios issue and the CPU. I found the IP address to try and use the IPMI but the webpage times out.
So you are seeing the '15/99' etc on the lower right of the VGA connected monitor? Can you also see the BIOS on this display (F2 or Del during POST to access)?

If so, make sure that Advanced->AMD PBS->Graphics Features->Primary Video Adapter is set to "Int Graphics" - this should make all output appear on the BMC VGA port (at least it did for me).

You could also try connecting to the HDMI/DP outputs to see if anything appears there?

SpaceCoretes

Jul 26, 2023
Should have clarified, sorry about that. The VGA monitor does not receive any video at all. I have also tried using the HDMI directly on the motherboard and also tried a gpu to see if I could get any video. No luck! I'm finding the error codes on the motherboard Dr debug.

qiqian82

Aug 8, 2023
I read on amazon that this board may have some memory compatibility problems, does anyone use this board with memory not listed in asrock's QVL section with success ?

farmerj

Oct 24, 2023
Living here in $0.34/kw land aka California... Wondering what total wattage ends up being using this board? Proposed config: ryzen 7900, 64G ecc ram, one ssd (for now) and 300-450w power supply. OS: Debian desktop/Proxmox, lightly loaded.

Last edited:

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
im still interested in these boards but it seems they were a bit slow with bios updates. a new one came out 10/23. Im interested in knowing who running one and how stable they are. I have a few asrock boards with e-2200 series cpu i like to upgrade to this board and 7000 amd cpu.

Jlcraw17

Oct 26, 2023
Just booted up for the first time... and just to be clear there is no way to used the displayport or hdmi when booting off install media?

using kingston ecc udimms, 7900, planning on using 3 of these for a vmware hci vsan home lab.

@farmerj I will get some power readouts next week for you...

Reactions: farmerj and marcoi

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
Just booted up for the first time... and just to be clear there is no way to used the displayport or hdmi when booting off install media?

using kingston ecc udimms, 7900, planning on using 3 of these for a vmware hci vsan home lab.

where did you end up buying your boards, i havent looked in a while so not sure who has stock.
assuming you are US based, if not no worries since i wont be ordering outside US.

Reactions: farmerj

Jlcraw17

Oct 26, 2023
Also forgot to mention I am using this memory
KSM48E40BD8KM-32HM

in the newegg store it shows up as ecc registered but it is really ecc udimm and works fine in the board

Reactions: farmerj

DaveLTX

Dec 5, 2021
im still interested in these boards but it seems they were a bit slow with bios updates. a new one came out 10/23. Im interested in knowing who running one and how stable they are. I have a few asrock boards with e-2200 series cpu i like to upgrade to this board and 7000 amd cpu.
That's a major difference in terms of pro level boards : their bios revisions are more considered instead of pushing the latest they do far more testing to ensure its stable

Reactions: marcoi

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
anyone running esxi 7/8 know if you can do igpu passthrough? I am looking at getting 7900x3d cpu and would want to pass the igpu to windows vm for external viewing etc.

JanR

Nov 5, 2023
Are there any measurements at wall regarding idle power consumption of this board?

sadamahan

May 18, 2022

Hi. Are you able to run VMWare esxi 8 on these boards? My error:
1702079760502.png
Thanks in advance.