AOC-SLG3-2M2 question

Discussion in 'RAID Controllers and Host Bus Adapters' started by Driv3l, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Driv3l

Driv3l New Member

For anyone owning one of these... can you confirm if this will work in Non-Supermicro boards?

Also, does it actually work with 2x NVME SSDs?

Since this is an 8 lane PCI-E board, I am guessing it does *not* require a MB which supports bifurcation, or is my understanding of this wrong?

I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find any more details on this board outside of the basic description on the supermicro site.

Thanks!

2. pyro_

pyro_ Active Member

I am going to guess that it will need a board with bifurcation support as I don't believe it has a plx chip on it to split the lanes for the two nvme drives

3. Driv3l

Driv3l New Member

Ugh... ok, thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone who's had the chance to test this out can confirm.

Worst case, I could end up buying 2 of the cheap $20-30 boards and using them in different slots. I chewed over buying one of the Amfeltec boards, but boy are they pricey.

4. AndyH

AndyH New Member

I've got one plugged into a HP DL380 G7 running FreeNAS. I've only tried it with a single SSD, but only slot 1 works. If the SSD is plugged into slot 2 neither the BIOS or OS recognise it.

Not had time to do any performance testing with it yet, but I plan on using it as L2ARC.