AOC-SLG3-2M2 question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Driv3l

Feb 21, 2017
For anyone owning one of these... can you confirm if this will work in Non-Supermicro boards?

Also, does it actually work with 2x NVME SSDs?

Since this is an 8 lane PCI-E board, I am guessing it does *not* require a MB which supports bifurcation, or is my understanding of this wrong?

I've searched high and low, and can't seem to find any more details on this board outside of the basic description on the supermicro site.

Thanks!

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
I am going to guess that it will need a board with bifurcation support as I don't believe it has a plx chip on it to split the lanes for the two nvme drives

Reactions: Panagiotis

Driv3l

Feb 21, 2017
Ugh... ok, thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone who's had the chance to test this out can confirm.

Worst case, I could end up buying 2 of the cheap $20-30 boards and using them in different slots. I chewed over buying one of the Amfeltec boards, but boy are they pricey.

AndyH

Jun 20, 2017
I've got one plugged into a HP DL380 G7 running FreeNAS. I've only tried it with a single SSD, but only slot 1 works. If the SSD is plugged into slot 2 neither the BIOS or OS recognise it.

Not had time to do any performance testing with it yet, but I plan on using it as L2ARC.