Anyone have a problem with BitDeals Tech?

beatle

Mar 23, 2017
Back on April 15, I ordered 3 drives from BitDeals.tech. I noticed the banner at the top of their page said they were prioritizing orders for COVID-19 related businesses and organizations. On the 21st I asked if they had an update or an estimate for when my order might ship, as I had not heard anything. On the 26th, I still had not received a reply so I emailed again saying that I'd be opening a dispute with my credit card company in 2 days. On the 30th I opened a dispute.

I let the credit card company run their course, and then I saw a shipping label come out the very next day on 5/1! There was progress. Unfortunately the label status just indicated that they had created a label and not actually shipped anything. Many weeks went by and on 6/12 USPS finally received the package to ship. A couple days later it was delivered... to Atlanta. I have still not heard anything from BitDeals, but today I checked the status of the dispute and saw that they had ruled in favor of the vendor! I attempted to call my credit card company but their dispute department is closed. I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Has anyone else had an experience with BitDeals?

Jordan Perdue

Jul 15, 2018
Yeah, looks like it. Have you tried to message them over reddit? I believe this sale required them to import drives or something from Europe hence the delays, but don't quote me on that. I would look for the thread in r/homelabsales and message them that way. Let me know if you need help digging it up. Good luck.

techtoys

Feb 25, 2016
I bought from them twice and got my drives promptly. However, I picked up my drives since I live close by. It's a small family business. All the drives I got are in good shape and still working.

rfs830

May 16, 2017
I work with them but not part of them. They were short handed due to covid but have picked back up now. I will see if i can help out. Pm me your information and i will see if I can help. Was the tracking number always showing it was going to be delivered to Atlanta?

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
I have had 4 orders with them by now. First two were great, second two were during the COVID period and not-so-great. Granted, the owner made it right - but I was seeing drives failing in my home array as I was waiting on these and really starting to sweat!

Their issue came from the sheer influx of orders, short staffing, and the fact they're prioritizing those bulk and "emergency" orders above everyone else. So by the time my order came around - they were out of stock and had to send me a comparable product. Luckily, my order of SATA drives coming in as SAS didn't bother me... otherwise that would have been yet another setback.