Anyone have a problem with BitDeals Tech?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

beatle

Mar 23, 2017
Back on April 15, I ordered 3 drives from BitDeals.tech. I noticed the banner at the top of their page said they were prioritizing orders for COVID-19 related businesses and organizations. On the 21st I asked if they had an update or an estimate for when my order might ship, as I had not heard anything. On the 26th, I still had not received a reply so I emailed again saying that I'd be opening a dispute with my credit card company in 2 days. On the 30th I opened a dispute.

I let the credit card company run their course, and then I saw a shipping label come out the very next day on 5/1! There was progress. Unfortunately the label status just indicated that they had created a label and not actually shipped anything. Many weeks went by and on 6/12 USPS finally received the package to ship. A couple days later it was delivered... to Atlanta. I have still not heard anything from BitDeals, but today I checked the status of the dispute and saw that they had ruled in favor of the vendor! I attempted to call my credit card company but their dispute department is closed. I'll see what they say tomorrow.

Has anyone else had an experience with BitDeals?

Jordan Perdue

Jul 15, 2018
Yeah, looks like it. Have you tried to message them over reddit? I believe this sale required them to import drives or something from Europe hence the delays, but don't quote me on that. I would look for the thread in r/homelabsales and message them that way. Let me know if you need help digging it up. Good luck.

techtoys

Feb 25, 2016
I bought from them twice and got my drives promptly. However, I picked up my drives since I live close by. It's a small family business. All the drives I got are in good shape and still working.

rfs830

May 16, 2017
I work with them but not part of them. They were short handed due to covid but have picked back up now. I will see if i can help out. Pm me your information and i will see if I can help. Was the tracking number always showing it was going to be delivered to Atlanta?

Navy_BOFH

Aug 2, 2013
I have had 4 orders with them by now. First two were great, second two were during the COVID period and not-so-great. Granted, the owner made it right - but I was seeing drives failing in my home array as I was waiting on these and really starting to sweat!

Their issue came from the sheer influx of orders, short staffing, and the fact they're prioritizing those bulk and "emergency" orders above everyone else. So by the time my order came around - they were out of stock and had to send me a comparable product. Luckily, my order of SATA drives coming in as SAS didn't bother me... otherwise that would have been yet another setback.

jdwt

Nov 18, 2020
Small group that has trouble fulfilling orders and it's "family run" so you get all that comes with it. If you are patient, you will probably get what you ordered but we've seen time and time again the issues of delays and nagging required. They appear to be owned by another company that does business to business deals and so maybe it's the direct to consumer that suffers. Lots of great eBay sellers with comparable prices that are good alternatives if BitDeals is not a gamble you want to take.

beatle

Mar 23, 2017
Guess I'll close the loop here. I stopped receiving notifications of new posts on this thread.

The dispute was eventually resolved in my favor only a few months ago. I asked my credit card company to produce the emails they allegedly sent me about the delay (I received no communication from BitDeals.) I'd say I'm pretty understanding especially of a small business as long as there's some line of communication open. Unfortunately in this case there was none.

Reactions: Samir

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
Hello ,ordered drives from BITDEALS in early May. What a fiasco and they are willing to represent the facts.

After multiple weeks, they advised a DHL tracking number on 25th May advising they were being shipped.

Till today 17th June, DHL confirm they have not been requested to pickup this shipment, ( 3 weeks of saying they had been shipped by DHL)

Today 17th June, received a tracking number for UPS? (specifically paid for DHL EXPRESS), but item not picked up.

Think 5 weeks from order and still now shipment is unaccaptable?

Have requested to cancel the order multiple times in the last few weeks, but no response..

Beware.

Reactions: Samir

serverpoppa

Feb 3, 2023
Unfortunately, this sounds familiar, and my research (too late) shows its been going on for years. In December, after speaking directly with the person thought to be the owner (Michael) I ordered 54 4TB SATA drives at $18 each, and two LSI cards at $15 each, along with the cable bundles at $20 each, for a total of $1042. Michael seemed like a genuine honest guy, assuring me that the company had won awards for "always having almost every drive in stock". I paid via credit card, but the drives never arrived. First, the owner claimed my order was packed, but flooding prevented pickup. Finally, they shipped, but there was no tracking number. Calls to the main number went directly to voicemail. Calls and texts to the owner went unanswered. Once, I got the owner on the phone, who apologized that his answering service (Grasshopper) wasn't forwarding calls properly, and that he had a *new* cell; that I should use his *alternate cell* to contact him directly. He assured me that my order shipped. Unfortunately - he said he couldn't get to a computer to get my tracking number but would send it, and the order was scheduled to arrive the following week. It never arrived, and again, calls, texts, and emails went unanswered. I called my credit card company and initiated a dispute. Later - at the main number, I got someone to answer and cold transfer me to Michael, who said it had shipped and should be there soon, and now to use his *original* cell number. And then, again - radio silence until today, when, after being promised my order had shipped and would arrive, I was told that when the credit card company got involved, BitDeals had "pulled the order back" and responded to the credit card company. The credit card company said they've heard *nothing* from BitDeals and asked for all the documentation, which, luckily, I had in email.

I agree, avoid this company. Had I not involved the credit card company, and made sure my communications were documented, I don't know how long this would have dragged out. Evidently, there's a history of customers being ghosted, not getting their orders, and being unable to get a response.

techtoys

Feb 25, 2016
I dealt with them years ago and had a good experience but I could not manage to buy from them in Aug 2022. I filed a support ticket and got some emails but I never got a quote for drives. In the end I went with another bigger outfit in town.

I have personally met Michael and he is a decent fellow. However, with all the postings here I would never order from them over the web and take shipment. FWIW Iive nearby and picked up my drives in person from Michael for cash.

pacmancat

Jan 18, 2022
Nth-ing the suggestion to avoid them for posterity.

I had a handful of perfectly adequate experiences with BitDeals.tech from 2021-2022, spent about $1000 total and got a few good deals, and typically knew they'd be slow to ship but I'd probably have my order in hand within 2 weeks, maybe a month on the outside.

Then in October of 2022 I ordered $120 worth of small drives for a project, and got radio silence for two months. After reaching out on every possible published contact channel, I filed a dispute with PayPal. Within a few days I had an apology and an offer for a $20 refund with a promise to have the order shipped within 48 hours. I foolishly accepted the resolution (there was a brand new tracking number in the system, and I was hopeful!). I'm still out the $100. Every few months I fire off an update request, and occasionally get contacted back with stories about things being stolen from shipping docks and promises to ship a few extra drives as compensation.

To this day the order still shows in their system as "Fulfilled" with a status of "Pre transit."

Reactions: ColdCanuck

pacmancat

Jan 18, 2022
...and wow, lo and behold, today, nine months after ordering those drives, I've received them in the mail, with a free spare thrown in for good measure.

Huh.

Unsullied_Spy

Jul 31, 2023
I'm glad to hear that you finally got your drives. Unfortunately I paid by card so I believe there's only 30 days to dispute the charge. I placed my order mid-April and the only time I've ever gotten any word back from them was a canned response stating that it would ship out within 48 hours. That was over a month ago. For the prices I'm willing to accept a wait but it's sounding like you have to either get your money back or try to in order for your order to actually ship. I guess I'm out $375 :mad: