AMD EPYC 7C13 is a Surprisingly Cheap and Good CPU

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dev_Mgr

Sep 20, 2014
Texas
Didn't this get posted before some of the GTC posts? I distinctly remember reading about this before some of the GTC stuff, but then it suddenly showed up on the front page (as the top/latest article), the article has today's post, but this forum post was posted yesterday afternoon. I didn't get a chance to check the website till just now.

As for the article itself, I think this is an awesome article to post about.

shadowplay0

Apr 13, 2023
Do we know what OEM or hyperscaler these were made for?

I believe there are other not-retail Milan parts out there with different specs. I'd love to read a comparison of them, especially if someone is able to get their hands on them and test/benchmark.

Advin

Jun 10, 2023
This has been around for a long time. The cheapest SKU seems to be EPYC 7B13 (originally Google), which is on eBay for around $800-$1200 depending on the market. EPYC 7J13, EPYC 7Y83, EPYC 7R13, EPYC 7V13, and others as well.

I do wonder how they make it on the market, these are in consistent supply and there's already Genoa OEM's like 9B14 being sold, seems to be primarily from China.

nutsnax

Nov 6, 2014
I just grabbed a pair of 7v13 ES for my Asrock board - hopefully I don't get screwed by incompatibility.

ekv

Feb 23, 2018
Thank you for this article. I too would love to see a comparison of Milan parts, e.g. 7C13 v 7J13 v 7B13 etc.

More importantly, what are the spec's for the server? like, what's the mobo, what's the memory. Specific part numbers though ... please.