EXPIRED Am_Lightning Deal_TEROW 2.5G Ethernet Switch, Unmanaged 9-Port POE+ Switch, 8 x 2.5G Base-T & 1 x 10G SFP

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

SBMe

Nov 26, 2023
TEROW 2.5G Ethernet Switch, Unmanaged 9-Port POE Switch, 8 x 2.5G Base-T & 1 x 10G SFP

Well it ended an Hour Early. Don’t know if they sold out or what?
Now $90.
Just found the time to come back and order one, oh well.
20% coupon still available though.

Lightning Deal ( -20% ) for $80 Minus another -20% = $64

Lightning Deal Ends Sat Dec 23 1159 PM CST.

I have it saved in one of my wishlists but have Not used this brand yet. Just in case someone is familiar or wants to bite.

Sorry in Lockdown mode and won’t let me see or choose embedded link option.

——
u123023

Looks like POE+ is a LIE.
In pictures of POE+ and few other models on Amazon the numbers do NOT add up.
Thanks bwahaha post #9: DC power: 12v x 1a = 12w. 12w < 55w . WOW It can get No where near these numbers if you are going to power up camera's !!! Now if it was actually AC Power then it might work, but it Says DC, their words.
Either way, one lasted 1 Hour, WOW ( see below ).

I did not see that either. There are some other similar products on Amazon that also have DC Power: 12v x 1a, so same Chinese mfgr. So then I'd assume a better power supply wouldn't matter at all, it's the internal guts that are not up to the advertised specs.
I'll leave it here as a warning. I know Louis Rossman has been talking about more Amazon products
becoming worse ( fake reviews apart of it ).
I'm sure numerous others.
Damn, SORRY.

According to this site, TheCalculatorSite, on the bottom, DC power you would need 10 Amps to get to 120 watts to power what it says it can do.
If it is actually AC power and a mfgr language mixup thing, then maybe the power adapter is very bad and also the first capacitor(s). Maybe the 2nd or 3rd Gen if they want to stay in business they will get their act together?

----------
Edit: Added since 30 watts per port is POE. It said POE in title, but elsewhere it said POE+ throughout. Just wanted to make sure it stated 30 watts per port when I had more time to check.

I searched for POE+ and after reading some reviews it sounds Iffy. I’d say they use a Crappy power supply, well No Surprise there for the price.
So good for a home lab or someone getting into it.
So I would NOT use for an office POE+ security system.

Maybe a good alternative power supply would fix this?

For me it would work good though.

Last edited:

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
wow that was fast. i'm actually surprised it worked at all before it failed then?

Oct 20, 2021
Worked fine for an hour or so, then it eventually failed entirely. It was powering 3x APs (~50W total) and I think after it warmed up it started losing connection. By the time I went down to look at it, the thing was in a constant boot loop. Even just booting it up without anything connected it wouldn't work.

azsrz

Apr 30, 2021
Worked fine for an hour or so, then it eventually failed entirely. It was powering 3x APs (~50W total) and I think after it warmed up it started losing connection. By the time I went down to look at it, the thing was in a constant boot loop. Even just booting it up without anything connected it wouldn't work.
Do you use the SFP port or just the ethernet ports? I have no use of POE and guess that's why mine works fine so far.

bwahaha

Jun 9, 2023
maybe the weed talking, but the listing photo says 12v, 1a. amazon reviews photos suggest something equally dinky.

12vx1a=12w. 12w<55w

Not sure where the extra power is supposed to come from. "30w per port, up to 120w max" my ****ing ass.

edit: I see where I ****ed up. Still. assuming 48v, that's still 2.5a max, more than rated.

Reactions: SBMe and EasyRhino
Oct 20, 2021
Do you use the SFP port or just the ethernet ports? I have no use of POE and guess that's why mine works fine so far.
I was just using ethernet ports for this, 3x APs and 1x uplink to a MOCA adapter. I'm also guessing PoE was it's downfall, probably poorly designed, which means I'll just stick with my TP-Link version.

maybe the weed talking, but the listing photo says 12v, 1a. amazon reviews photos suggest something equally dinky.

12vx1a=12w. 12w<55w

Not sure where the extra power is supposed to come from. "30w per port, up to 120w max" my ****ing ass.

edit: I see where I ****ed up. Still. assuming 48v, that's still 2.5a max, more than rated.
It should say 30W per port, up to 120W... for an hour... haha

Reactions: SBMe

Rttg

May 21, 2020
Looks like POE+ is a LIE.
It may not *technically* be a lie, but these things aren’t 802.3at compatible…

I ordered a replacement switch after reporting the original as defective (hoping it may have been an issue with the first switch), but the replacement works exactly the same as the first.

Sharing the extra datapoints in case anyone is considering one of these.

IMG_4874.jpeg