$50: 1.9TB Micron 9200 Pro with Adapter

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Don't worry, last time we saw these drives more than half a year ago their condition and price were exactly the same. We'll meet them again couple years later for sure! :D
Yep, one thing is for sure--at some point these will be at the price you wanted. Whether you want them at that point is usually the issue. :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: e97 and Koop

EvoDyn

Jun 23, 2021
The seller just cancelled the order. I thought the listing was a little suspect, mentioned 10 in the description but 20 was able to be ordered. I got my order in in the first 10 though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
The seller just cancelled the order. I thought the listing was a little suspect, mentioned 10 in the description but 20 was able to be ordered. I got my order in in the first 10 though.
Seller error, but you got them all! Congrats!

EvoDyn

Jun 23, 2021
Seller error, but you got them all! Congrats!
I was in for just two with 11 available after me (hence the comment about being within the first ten). I suspect whoever did get this ordered the larger lots to reduce the shipping or just randomly assigned.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I was in for just two with 11 available after me (hence the comment about being within the first ten). I suspect whoever did get this ordered the larger lots to reduce the shipping or just randomly assigned.
Oh. Well, at least you got your two, and what a steal for enterprise 4TB for $100. :)

gb00s

Jul 25, 2018
Poland
Ordered some. Received tracking but USPS data say was never shipped. Seller stays quiet and not answering to any update requests. Will have to open a case with eBay.

• Wow

Puppetfreek

Nov 17, 2014
I ordered 28 of these back in September from the same seller for the same price. I returned them all, since the listed (back then) mentioned the 1.6TB MAX models, so once I got them I realized they were the 1.92TB Pro model. I remember the seller being abit slow on initial replies, and getting the shipping out, but in the end I got the order shipped and everything and the return refunded without any issues. All drives back then worked, but some of the Startech cards were abit bent.

Killy

Apr 30, 2024
Arrived yesterday, card is fine and the drive is a tiny bit dinged up. After booting up, the drive overheated instantly which is a bit concerning. Not in a screaming rack but also not in a toaster PC so dunno what to make of it.
1714541143751.png

Whaaat

Jan 31, 2020
Airflow is rated at 450 LFM at 25°C ambient. In order words, you will need those screaming fans.
that amount of air is required at full load, idle consumption should be less than 5 watts - silent desktop fan is able to cope easily with such 'heater'

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
Arrived yesterday, card is fine and the drive is a tiny bit dinged up. After booting up, the drive overheated instantly which is a bit concerning. Not in a screaming rack but also not in a toaster PC so dunno what to make of it.
View attachment 36419
So that's interesting.

here's the data sheet:
9200 NVMe SSDs (micron.com)

most cromulently:
operating temp is 0C to 85C
" If SMART temperature exceeds 75°C (SMART composite), write performance will be throttled. "

So just 77C wouldn't seem too bad?

but on those smart warnings:

0 Critical warning Indicates critical warnings for the state of the controller. Each bit corresponds to a critical warning type; multiple bits may be set. If a bit is cleared to 0, the critical warning does not apply. Critical warnings may result in an asynchronous event notification to the host. • Bit 00: If set to 1, the available spare space has fallen below the threshold. • Bit 01: If set to 1, the temperature has exceeded a critical threshold. • Bit 02: If set to 1, the device reliability has been degraded due to significant media-related errors or any internal error that degrades device reliability. • Bit 03: If set to 1, the media has been placed in read-only mode. • Bit 04: 0, the controller does not implement a volatile memory backup solution. • Bits 07:05 Reserved

2:1 Temperature Contains the maximum temperature of the overall device (controller and NVM included) in units of Kelvin. If it exceeds the temperature threshold, an asynchronous event may be issued to the host.

converting 15E to decimal is... 350? And that's equal to... 77C?

I may be reading it wrong, but I would yolo it with a temp of 77C (but also try to get more airflow on it).

nexox

May 3, 2023
Note that hex 0x02 is bit 01 set to 1, so that's the critical temperature warning. 350 Kelvin is 77C, I believe drives use Kelvin to avoid the complexity of a signed integer.

You probably want to point a fan at the drive, if that doesn't help then open it up to make sure the various thermal conductive material is in the correct place to get the heat out to the case - I opened up a different Micron drive and several of the silicone blobs were offset by 5-8mm from the chips they were supposed to cool.