4TB Seagate Drive $140

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mackle

Nov 13, 2013
If I hadn't been burnt by their 1TB snafu and aggrieved by their Thailand Floods pricing I'd be excited, but I avoid Seagate drives now even if they're usually $10-20 cheaper than WD alternatives.

mobilenvidia

Sep 25, 2011
New Zealand
If I hadn't been burnt by their 1TB snafu and aggrieved by their Thailand Floods pricing I'd be excited, but I avoid Seagate drives now even if they're usually $10-20 cheaper than WD alternatives.
I'm with you, not a single Seagate drive I've owned still lives now.
All my WD's are still going strong.

vv111y

May 6, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
oh boy, my customer support experience. Average business day and it was impossible to get someone: phone, chat, email, etc - nothing worked. Oh, and to start a chat you have to fill out this form with info like the serial # and other stuff you have to look up every time. And by every time I mean multiple times because the chat system refuses to work so your spending time inputting all the info only to have it fail and then try over - and then you just quit.
AND the website ... one of the worst ones I've come across in a while. You can't find anything, stuff is buried in mysterious places if it's there at all, I really don't know, and your constantly ejected back to the front page so you can start all over in not getting anywhere.
After a day and a half I finally got a live human being and then it was good, but before then it's like a house of horrors with mirrored wall mazes all over the place.