48 Drive 4U Chassis: IBM Slicestor 3448 aka Chenbro RM43348

nweav03

Mar 17, 2020
I've tried pin 9 with all possible combinations of the rest, no dice (that was my first thought too)

Last edited:

rolx

Oct 28, 2019
Not at home but if I remember correctly I tied mine to the ground on the MB and tied pin 9 to the case ground.

am45931472

Feb 26, 2019
I think I'm confused on some of the bandwidth math here and port connections. 2x 24 port expanders. all connections 12Gbit Sas. 3 SAS12Gbit per expander, so 6 total. Put another way 1x 12Gbit connection per 8x drive bay. Meaning 1500MB of bandwidth per every 8 drives (if optimially configured). Does this all sound right. also why the extra add in SAS 9300 cards. is that how these motherboards are connected to the 2x expanders.

I think i'm really trying to figure out how much bandwith is avalible to each drive. low-medium end hdd is maybe 150MB sequential, high end i think is in the 250MB per sec range. SSDs of course are much higher.

nweav03

Mar 17, 2020
Not sure if anyone is interested, but it turns out there is an issue with the CSE-PTJBOD-CB2. I'm not sure if it's just mine or a more general one (as i tested this board in a supermicro product and it worked fine). I purchased CSE-PTJBOD-CB3, and it worked perfectly with the 9 pin for ground. Thanks @kapone and @rolx for responding!

pvcsnathan

Apr 16, 2020
Did anyone ever identify a 3d printable caddy that's suitable for this chassis? There have been several mentions of printing some, but no link to a model (as best as I can tell). Worst case scenario, I can put my calipers to use and attempt to design something, but I'd rather not if someone is willing to share. :)

Firebug24k

Apr 12, 2017
I just bought one so I'm intersted in the 3d printed designs if anyone can share. Haven't managed to figure out the rail issue either but may just get some generic 1U ones, but would be nice to find the right King Slide ones.

Reactions: scobar