EU 336TB storage 'only' £80,400.00

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

distracted247

Mar 17, 2012
I saw this on eBay and had to share it. I would love to have this much storage, I can already picture myself downloading all the internets!

On a slightly more serious note, I don't know if it is a good deal or not but I was thinking that if it doesn't sell as a whole then perhaps the seller (ITinstock) would begin flogging the drives and chassis separately. In which case there may be opportunity to negotiate some deals on those 2TB drives and or SSDs in the future. I suppose it depends on how much value there is in the bundle price £67000 +VAT.

Supermicro 336TB High Specification Fast Storage System - new in Jan 2015

Would you buy a system like this off eBay?

nephri

Sep 23, 2015
Paris, France
hmm, i'm pretty sure if i have to build such systems for a professional use, for the price, i would go with a certified distributor.
That allow to have warranty, supports (pre-prod and if required, post-prod).

i bougth pro stuff on ebay for my personnal purpose like many peoples here.
67 000 GBP, it's not a price that many peoples can spend for personnal use :-/

In all cases, if the seller split this package, we can have some good stuffs ^^

distracted247

Mar 17, 2012
hmm, i'm pretty sure if i have to build such systems for a professional use, for the price, i would go with a certified distributor.
That allow to have warranty, supports (pre-prod and if required, post-prod).

i bougth pro stuff on ebay for my personnal purpose like many peoples here.
67 000 GBP, it's not a price that many peoples can spend for personnal use :-/

In all cases, if the seller split this package, we can have some good stuffs ^^

Those were my thoughts exactly.

cookiesowns

Feb 12, 2016
pricing doesn't seem that great, however, it looks like those JBOD's were for a large ZFS deployment. Interesting stuff. Great choice of CPU's, must have been a large integrator, or datacenter.

DavidRa

Infrastructure Architect
Aug 3, 2015
Central Coast of NSW
www.pdconsec.net
Down to 66k£ now ...
or is this different from the op link?
Looks like the same kit, different price could be VAT (17.5% in GB, which is about £77.5K total)

I'd take the 4 JBODs and 4 of the compute servers to be a Hyper-V hyperconverged environment ... 120TB usable, 2TB of SSD cache, and enough CPU and RAM for a couple hundred VMs. I could finally stop being stingy with RAM ... my Exchange server wants more than 16GB.

Jon Massey

Nov 11, 2015
Standard VAT rate's now 20% (has been for a couple of years). Much easier to calculate than tenth+half+half-again!