32x40GbE $400 OBO if you are crazy

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by MiniKnight, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Tiberizzle

Tiberizzle New Member

This switch supports Ethernet mode operation only. It does support RoCE (RDMA over Converged Ethernet), which is more or less Infiniband over Ethernet. Pretty much anything that supports DCB (datacenter bridging) or PFC (priority flow control) supports RDMA, though, and technically speaking neither is absolutely required for RoCE unless you're particularly attached to the data you're putting on the wire.

I assume it does. It's not the password you set in Ubuntu as far as I could tell. When I finally figured out there were two sshds and that the one my password worked for was on a different port I disabled the icos sshd without further investigation so I couldn't say for sure :p

It is not required in any circumstance where the default gateway for the management context is the same as the default gateway for the dataplane context, it is the only default gateway, or there is no default gateway in the dataplane context. I am not sure exactly what happens if multiple vrfs are configured, but my suspicion without consulting the documentation would be that gateways in vrfs other than the default dataplane vrf and default management vrf would not collide in this manner, and that routes in those vrfs would be installed in alternate kernel tables as well.