tyan s7012

1. E

Weird PCIe Issue

Not sure where this fits so I'm putting it here. I have a Tyan s7012 that has been great so far except for this one bizarre issue I'm having. I need to put a GPU in the bottom slot of the motherboard because of expansion card spacing but whenever I have a GPU plugged into that slot it doesn't...
  2. B

S7012 won't post with both processors installed

Hello, I have two X5660s and a Tyan s7012. I had some issues getting it to post but was able to get it to post with a single X5660 installed. When I install the second, the system fails to post. I have updated the bios to the most recent revision. A green light blinks near the second cpu...
  3. TheBloke

Conflict between LSI in PCI-E 1.1 x4 slot and onboard SATA2 ports

Hi all Firstly, this is possibly a motherboard problem so it might belong in the mobo forum; but my symptoms relate only to disks and HBAs, so I hope it's OK being here. I have a Tyan S7012 motherboard, LGA1366 chipset. This motherboard has 4 x PCI-E 2.0 x8 slots and 1 x PCI-E 1.1 x4 slot...
  4. fossxplorer

De-lidded CPU on Tyan S7012

I'm trying to finalize a long going project waiting to be completed. The problem is that my initial CPUs are de-lidded ones and can't be used directly on a tyan s7012gm4nr. I also have lidded CPUs (Xeon X5670), but i need start with E5520 since i might need to upgrade BIOS prior to using X5670...