Search results

1. S

Using Intel Server chassis with non Intel Server MB

So I can get a pretty good deal on a P4304XXMUXX and I have an old 2011-3 Supermicro (X10DAI I think) mb, what are the chances it will fit? Or are they really only designed for specific Intel server boards?
  2. S

Dell 5524p Ubiquiti optics

I recently purchased a Dell 5524p 24-port with 2x SFP+ ports off ebay relatively cheaply, and was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with using Ubiquiti 10GB transceivers (I also have an ES-16-XG) with them? I've read that the Ubiquiti's are pretty temperamental with compatibility, and...
  3. S

IBM 6Gb/s SAS HBA (LSI 9212-4i4e) question (possibly stupid)

So I'm looking at getting a IBM 6Gb/s SAS HBA (LSI 9212-4i4e) to connect to a HP SAS expander in a Norco 4224 chassis via the SFF-8088 port. Which should all be fine. However the HBA has 4 internal SATA ports, but I have a HGST SAS SSD that I'd ideally like to plug in directly to the HBA rather...
  4. S

Supermicro UP 1U server with dual nvme advice

Hi there, I have a fairly specific requirement, and I'm struggling to find the answer to whether it is possible, so hopefully someone on here can lend me their wisdom and experience. My work is looking to buy a new server, ideally they would like: *1u chassis with enough drive bays for 2 sata...
  5. S

Lenovo E1024 DAS - SATA disks?

Just checking if anyone has any experience with this unit? Lenovo E1024 : Lenovo Storage E1012 and E1024 Disk Expansion Enclosures > Lenovo Press The data sheets all say sas drives only, but just checking if anyone has used one with SATA disks? Any information would be appreciated.
  6. S

HP Z Turbo Drive Quad Pro

These look interesting: HP Z Turbo Drive Quad Pro HP Z Turbo Drive Quad Pro | HP® Australia Would love to know more (plx chip used, OS, SSD compatibility, etc) Maybe a bit expensive, but hopefully we start to see cheaper generic solutions.
  7. S

Silverstone RM208-MINI experiences

Does anyone have any experience using Silverstone's new 2U RM208-MINI? SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- RM208-MINI It appears to tick a lot of the boxes I'm looking for, lots of storage, shortish depth. I'd greatly appreciate if someone could confirm whether the 2.5 hot swap drive bays can...