Search results

1. O

GiGaPlus - 8* 2.5G Base-T Ports, 2* 10G SFP+ Ports. (USA?)

23% clipable coupon. Only one per purchase but you can purchase on different orders and discount still works. Someone turned me onto this switch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CT2F3ZDM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 Supposedly good reviews. I'm a newbie but I bought two...
  2. O

Me again - another hopeful simple question - just trying to learn

Hello. I've been here bugging you guys on my future network setup. I'm hoping to future proof my home network (speeds/tech/etc..). I have a question regarding Level 2 vs Level 3 switches. Most of the switches from big boys (Qnap/etc...) are Level 2. Some of the Chinese switches add Level 3 and...
  3. O

Help with SFP(+)

I'm just getting into home networking. I'm very confused about SFP(+) connection schemes. I bought a MS-01 (I got my shipping notification - we will see if it finally gets to my home). So, this has QNTY 2 SFP+ connectors on the back that support Link Aggregation. I'm hoping for my UGreen 6 bay...
  4. O

VPN and internet provider blocking - what to do?

So I've had this idea to implement VPN on my Asus wireless router. I've dabbled with this before - but Asus is way too slow. I have Verizon Fios internet service. All told they seem to not throttle too much. I do believe they throttle my Xbox live since speeds are very low compared to using a...
  5. O

Where the heck are the 5Gbe Ethernet USB dongles??????

So, I'm trying to setup a home network. I currently have a Synology DS920+ NAS. I'm thinking about buying and building a DIY NAS - but I figure if I can use my DS920+ that would save me money. Obviously one of the flaws of the DS920+ is it only has 1Gbe. If you search the tubes, and this...
  6. O

Desired product - any thoughts?

Hello - I'm not a networking guru that's why I'm posting here. My basic Home Network: - Verizon Fios ONT - 300/300 (potential for 1000/1000 and maybe 2500/2500 in the future). - I do currently have Asus XT8 - Wifi 6 Mesh Wifi Router (QNTY 2). (1 X 2.5 Gbe In - 3 X 1 GbE out). - I connect my PCs...