Search results

1. E

Why is my E5-2690v4 running below base frequency in Windows

Its already at 100% on the minimum, still goes below 2.6
  2. E

Hm, ok, which means I will also lose the ability to run at freq. above 2.6 as well? If I were to disable it.
  3. E

I have already made the BIOS-changes in the Virtualization column, one would think that should be enougn:
  4. E

Yes, putting 100% load takes it to 3.2ghz. But it bothers me a bit that it goes below base as soon as Im not pushing the CPU, its not idling, its having a few VMs on it. I dont recognize this behavior from 2016. Does task manager show the frequency for core 0 ?
  5. E

Running 2x E5-2690v4 CPUs in Cisco UCS c240 M4 server with Server 2019 and Hyper-V. Windows is set to High Performance power plan. I have optmized BIOS settings after Ciscos own guide for virtualization, disabling all C-states, choosing enteprise on all power and energy options. A few years ago...
  6. E

A s2011 motherboard that actually works with GPUs

Its mainly performs server duties. But I have two 4k monitors that I now have a separate computer for. I just sit down at this workplace from time to time to do office work and wanted to be able to use the 4k monitors from the server itself and just ditch the extra computer.
  7. E

I tried this the first thing I did, I never went into BIOS to check the 4G-settings. It worked right away with my external nvidia GPU when I put the onboard CPU jumper to disable. Maybe shouldnt have been so quick to dismiss Supermicro. Thanks for the tip Fritz!
  8. E

The X9DRH-7TF only has one slot wide enough and thats on the second CPU.
  9. E

Interesting, going to try this weekend.
  10. E

Well thats true, but I want the 960 to work, need three displayports. I have already found a buyer on this latest Supermicro so I thought I might ask here before buying the next board.
  11. E

Hm no, interesting idea, have you had luck with external GPUs and disabling via jumper yourself?
  12. E

Yes, they basically said they couldnt do anything about it and that the couldnt guarantee that their boards worked with all GPUs
  13. E

I have now gone through three Supermico C602 s2011 dual socket motherboards, and tried three different GPUs in them. They all stall in POST on error codes related to VGA-handoff. The only one I still remember the model nr of is X9DRH-7TF. Can someone recommend a board with above mentioned specs...
  14. E

Storage Spaces design on a pure SSD setup

Yea, right now though Im trying to understand if the response times Im getting are reasonable or if something is still weird with the P840-card.
  15. E

Well, my options are pretty limited right now. The money has been spent on the P840 and Intel SSDs, since they arent working together Im trying to find the least bad alternative.
  16. E

Not sure I follow, you think I should bench with iometer?
  17. E

This is getting a bit frustrating, even running the P840 in HBA-mode Im still experiencing weird behaviour. The screenshots is from 8x480gb Intel 530 SSD in one SS single parity pool. I the performance numbers seem alright but the latency numbers cant be right? Ive had peaks upward of 200ms, is...
  18. E

Are you sure I cant extend a virtual disk in storage spaces? I tried now with a lab and could at first create a 4 drive single parity array. As long as I follow the columns which was four, and added four more disks I could extend the virtual disk. Or is what your describing specific to the dual...
  19. E

Thanks for somewhat confirming my suspicions, was going crazy after days of testing.