Search results

1. S

Canada Canada - WD Golds for >50% off from WD Store

https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-ca/products/internal-drives/wd-gold-sata-hdd#WD161KRYZ Cheaper than even the regular Reds. 8TBs are $119CAD. Even high capacity ones are cheap. Cheaper than MyBooks by a large margin. For all us Canadians only, no US shipping addresses are being accepted.
  2. S

OpenIndiana ZFS encryption - Anyone using?

Its in Hipster 2019.05 so its been out for a few months now. Surprisingly not much to find on it in the wild that I can find, has anyone tried it yet?
  3. S

FYI for anyone wanting HTML5 KVM on Supermicro A1SRi-2758F

There isnt a lot of solid information around on getting HTML5 KVM on the Supermicro A1SRi-2758F boards (to get rid of the horrible Java KVM). But for anyone wanting to do the same, I can confirm that you can use the BMC firmware "REDFISH_X10_377.zip" from Supermicros site to update the BMC on...
  4. S

Anyone Using Supermicro 5x 60mm Fan Wall in 2U Chassis (SC216)

Does anyone use a Supermicro MCP-320-82603-0N fan wall (5x 60mm fans instead of 3x 80mm) in a 2U case like an SC216? I cant find any information on noise levels of these fans or if they can be swapped for 60mm Noctuas (cant find any detailed pictures). I am looking at this as an option for...