Search results

1. F

HGST 400GB HUSMM8040ASS201 for $175 OBO

6 available. Looks like a nice deal for this model. I want one (or 6), but my CC does not... NEW 400GB SSD SAS Enterprise Drive - HGST - HUSMM8040ASS201 - 60 Day Warranty
  2. F

FreeNAS 10 and OmniOS not compatible

I am trying out FreeNAS 10 (in ESXi 6 for now), seeing if it can replace ESXi + OmniOS. So I created a 10-disk volume and played around with that for a bit. Then installed Omni in another VM and tried to import the volume - thinking that would be peace of cake. No such luck. 3 of the 10 disks...
  3. F

New PWS-920P-SQ $130

I have been watching the pws-920p-sq for a few months - picking up some when the price was right (and getting ripped off and sent 2x 1R in one of the auctions). $130 with free US shipping has been my max - but the items have been used and one had signs of beeing dropped etc. This is new and...
  4. F

EU 2x PWS-920P-1R (Norway/EU)

I got wrong item in an auction - ordered SQ and got the PWS-920P-1R. This is hard to resell in Norway, and expensive to send back, so I am trying to work out a good deal with the seller. Anyone in Nordic/EU interested? I paid $100 each but asking $50 ea. if anyone wants them, provided I get...
  5. F

LSI controller/driver is only seeing one SSD

I have a strange problem that I have never encountered in years of working with Solaris. I have three ancient Samsung 830 SSDs (128GB) that I cannot get my flashed m1015 to recognize either in ESXi 6 or in OmniOS. Only one of them is showing no matter what I do. I even upgraded my controller...
  6. F

Any reason to love the X8ST3-F?

In a local used sale I picked up two cabinets with X8ST3-F but they only included 3x2GB ram each. Getting more ram is expensive! Any reason to prefer this mainboard, or should I just keep one at 12GB and not use the other one? At $18 for 4GB it makes more sense to use my cheap X8DTL-3F...
  7. F

Wow talk about DIY...

Came across this : eBay Look at details like TAPE on the drives :) I have no words...
  8. F

EU Nice price on a 72 disk 2.5" supermicro case with dual xeon £600-ish

Hi! Just wanted to let you know of a server I really, really want, but really do not need. I have had an ongoing dialogue with seller 3dsystems-uk regarding ordering 4x of the great 1U servers (I got a great deal on them with dual cpu and 48GB ram). I asked for other stuff and he suggested a 72...