Search results

1. Klee

Linux Workstation

Build’s Name: LinuxBeast Operating System/ Storage Platform: Ubuntu 23.04 CPU: Dual Xeon Gold 6148 Motherboard: Asrock Rack EP2C621D12 WS Chassis: Geometric Future M8 Lohan Drives: Intel 2TB nvme RAM: 192 GB Samsung ECC 2933 mhz Add-in Cards: Startech USB 3.0 PCI-e, Asus Xonar DSX 7.1 sound card...
  2. Klee

Free Windows 10 activation, i'm confused.

I just assembled a SUPER cheap gaming pc for a family member to use as a secondary gaming pc at her moms house. She has a i5 gaming pc at her dads. So since I have a TON of used parts I offered to build a cheap pc. Only new parts are a cheap Chinese X79 M-ATX Machinist branded board, a mint...
  3. Klee

Anyone have link to a Kubernetes for complete idiots website?

Title pretty much explains it, I'm bored at home and am wanting to learn something new.
  4. Klee

And I had forgotten all about this, just recieved it in the mail.

AMD FX cpu lawsuit check. :D
  5. Klee

Absolute minimal spec ProMox file server, went with Ubuntu/samba server

I need to build a back up file server that will be temporary and reasonably power thrifty , maybe for a couple of month's or so. I am currently limited to the one fairly new motherboard that I am not using and that I still have. Two parts that I HAVE to use: Biostar B85 chip-set motherboard...
  6. Klee

Change of plans, no longer for sale.

Decided no to sell the motherboard or cpu's, Will use it to upgrade my proxmox server.
  7. Klee

Samsung Odyssey+ VR headset is back on sale!!!

HMD Odyssey+ - Windows Mixed Reality Headset HMD - XE800ZBA-HC1US | Samsung US These were on sale before Christmas for $229.99 and I bought two for two of my daughters. I had some relatives stop buy and try out some VR gaming so I just checked Samsung's site and they are back on sale it...
  8. Klee

My X570 board SVM is not enabled even tho is shows enabled in the Bios.

I wanted to try a quick Windows 10 VM on my X570, 3700x and Pci-e 4.0 MP600 1TB drive to see how the performance is but........ I checked that yes secure vm shows enabled in the bios. Shows enabled with no option to change it so I thought I was good to go. Installed Virtual box but it only...
  9. Klee

Bought two of my daughters VR headsets to game...

Bought two Samsung Odyssey + VR headsets for Christmas. Regular price $499.99 each and on sale at $229.00 each. According to the reviews I checked out at the retail price you can get better but at the sale price its a screaming good deal. Its a Windows Mixed Reality headset so its really easy...
  10. Klee

My christmas present to myself, caught it on sale Thursday. ITS IN!!

Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB PCI-Express Gen 4.0 x4 NVMe 3D TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) CSSD-F1000GBMP600 - Newegg.com Should be nice and speedy in my X570 X3700 Ryzen pc. Should be here next week.
  11. Klee

Monero changed to the RandomX Algo.

Be ready!! Of course after months of prep I am in a mad scramble anyway. :eek:
  12. Klee

What is the current best deal on used spinning enterprise drives.

I have some used 2 TB HGST drives that have been running 24/7 for about a year and a half or so, when I received them they all had over 44,000 hours each but have been running great. So i'm looking for larger drives at least 3 Tb each and am wondering what the current "deal" is.
  13. Klee

Finally created a private pool to learn a bit about it.

Used this version running in a Ubuntu 16.04 VM on my ProMox server with Apache 2 as the web server. dvandal/cryptonote-nodejs-pool Works like a charm and not too hard to figure out, even with a head cold making the ol brain a bit sluggish. Of course this is for my own use on my lan ....really...
  14. Klee

Dedicated Open Compute miner build- Part 2.The RandomX Edition.

A couple of years ago Monero and other cryptonight based coins were really not worthwhile to mine on cpu's anylonger because of the creation of GPU miner programs then the creation of ASIC's, With the RandomX and RandomX based algo's cpu's will once again become worthwhile to use cpu's to mine...
  15. Klee

We all have seen the cheap made in China socket 2011 boards but.....

A cheap made in China single AMD Opteront G34 motherboard, I have zero use for it but it is pretty interesting. For AMD X89 Motherboard Mainboard DDR3 AMD Opteron G34 series CPU Support mSata | eBay $81.98 WITH a cpu cooler. X89? I guess its right in the middle of X79 and X99.:D It even...
  16. Klee

Lowest price on E5 V1 cpu's that I have seen.

Intel Xeon E5-2603 CPU 1.8GHz 4-Core Processor 10MB 6.4GTs LGA2011 SR0LB | eBay $2.80 each with free shipping and a make offer, seller has over 500 for sale. It's a E5-2603 four core without hyperthreading or turbo boost and runs at 1.8 ghz. If you need a socket 2011 cpu for test purposes or...
  17. Klee

Updating Wiwynn Open compute bios for E5 V2's Edit. Gave up trying. :(

======================================================================= EDIT: Gave up trying to get it to work, even with the help from a couple of bios guru's from several bios modding sites, the best I was able to do is update the V1 microcode to a much newer version. So I recommend if you...
  18. Klee

Faster VM to VM file transfer in Proxmox/KVM

I need to move some database files between VM's in the same Proxmox box and would like to see if there is a faster option to increase the speed. Example : Copying a 56 Gb database from a Ubuntu 16.04 vm to a Xubuntu 16.04 vm via the default virtual networking, VirtilO, shows a eta of about 2-3...
  19. Klee

Cheap and decent 4k monitor

AOC U2879VF 28" 4K 3840x2160 UHD gaming monitor, 1ms response time, 10-bit panel w/ over 1 billion colors, AMD FreeSync, 20M:1 SmartContrast, DisplayPort/HDMI/DVI/VGA inputs - Newegg.com 28" AOC 4 k monitor on sale at $92 off regular price. Sale price $257.81 plus shipping. Cheapest one...
  20. Klee

6 Galaxy Nvidia P106-100 Compute GPU's SOLD!!

I am upgrading so these are for sale. I have six P106-100 Galax brand Nvidia P106-100 GTX 1060 6gb compute/mining Gpu's All have Samsung memory. I ran them for a few months in the winter and spring. Excellent condition and like new. Only ran in an air conditioned environment.... my dining...