Search results

1. V

This is a real stretch - but anyone still running a Supermicro X10SL7-F on Win Server 2022

I have had a pair of these boards rolling since 2016 as file servers and with no signs of any issues (or any immediate need to replace) I have been thinking about a general "refresh" of both boxes. One I am planning a CPU upgrade and the other needs a major drive reconfiguration. They have both...
  2. V

Help Wanted: Supermicro x10SL7-F Now stuck in infinite boot loop

Today I completed a routine firmware update for one of my two Supermicro x10SL7-F motherboards - simply going from BIOS v3.3 to v3.4 using the IPMI interface - everything seemed to go fine until the machine restarted and now I am caught in an infinite reboot loop The board displays the usual...
  3. V

X10-SL7-f: Any real world advantage to LSI 2308 vs Intel SATA ports?

All Been rocking a pair of Supermicro x10sl7-f for several years now. Reliable as the day they were purchased. One of my boards is used for our file server and another for a deployment server/Hyper-V Test environment where I work on Windows deployment (MDT) and test Windows 10/Windows Server...
  4. V

Big fan troubles with Supermicro X10SL7-F

Good morning, Last week I took delivery of another Supermicro X10SL7-F for my home LAN - this for use as a VM/Deployment server. Since this is my second go around with this board - I am familiar with it's quirks - especially the bloody fans roaring up and down every 5 seconds after the board is...
  5. V

Would Hyper-V be fully supported on this older hardware?

In an effort to purge a huge pile of old "desktop" parts from my stash (circa 2009-2011) I have now cherry picked the best couple of motherboards, CPU etc etc to build a secondary server The intent of this second box is as a backup zone to our primary home server AND I also wanted to create a...
  6. V

Required drivers for Supermicro X10SL7-F - used as basic file server?

Good morning, Hoping someone can help me understand which drivers are required be installed to this board (OS = Windows Server 2012 R2) if I am using it for the following configuration: Base File Server Only No RAID on any ports Samsung SSD850 PRO - boot Drive (on white I-SATA0 port) 4x4TB...
  7. V

Supermicro x10sl7-f - Sporatic "A disk read error occurred" at Boot

Howdy, I have just finished construction of a new home server using the Supermicro x10sl7-f motherboard. The box has Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3 Crucial 16GB Server Memory Model CT2KIT102472BD160B Samsung SSD 850 PRO 128GB (System) Seagate Barracuda (ST4000VN000-1H4168) 4x4TB Windows Server...
  8. V

Supermicro X10SL7-F - No Sensor readings?

I just took delivery of this board for a new home server build and I am trying to find my way around the unit. Today I finally got the IPMI interface working so I can see into the unit via browser. But for the life of me - I cannot see any sensor data at all. Everything under Sensor Readings...
  9. V

Help me get the most flexibility out of this new server build

I just took delivery on the following new parts: SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SL7-F-O Micro ATX Server Motherboard LGA 1150 Intel C222 DDR3 1600 Intel Xeon E3-1220V3 Haswell 3.1GHz LGA 1150 80W Server Processor Crucial 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Server Memory...