Search results

1. K

Help me pick a raid card

A Supermicro system I have has this backplane: https://www.supermicro.com/manuals/other/BPN-SAS3-747TQ-N4.pdf I’m looking to setup an nvme hardware raid to use as virtual machine storage in xcpng (4 drives). The other ports on this backplane I’m hoping to use for some traditional sas/sata...
  2. K

Chassis Recommendation (X10SLH-LN6TF)

I just snagged one of these motherboards from eBay: https://www.supermicro.com/wdl/ISO_Extracted/CDR-X10-UP_1.13_for_Intel_X10_UP_platform/MANUALS/X10SLH-LN6TF.pdf Ideally I'd like to keep the X10SLH-LN6TF in a 1U case but still have access to the PCIe slot. The PCIe card I want to run in it...
  3. K

Plenafill or similar product

19" PlenaFill Parts List | CompuSpace/Plenaform Systems Sorry if this is the wrong place, looking for something like this to fill in some empty rack space. Anyone have any recommendations? Only price I found online for these was like $600+ for 10x27U ...
  4. K

Solaris 11.3 network slow...

Hey everyone, I've been racking my brain for hours now trying to figure this out. I have a fresh install of Solaris 11.3, setup a simple ZFS pool (4 disks raidz2), configured everything and started rsyncing some data over. That's when I noticed the absolute garbage speed of my 1Gb connection...
  5. K

SC747TQ-R1400B SSD Trays

Hey all: I know the SC846 chassis has a 2.5" drive tray PN but I don't see anything like that for this particular case. Anyone have a good solution for loading this thing up with SSDs? :) Case: Supermicro | Products | Chassis | 4U | SC747TQ-R1400B 3.5" Tray PN: MCP-220-00094-0B
  6. K

Ceph - Linux on the controller...

This looks pretty interesting: 504 OSD Ceph cluster on converged microserver ethernet drives 1 node per disk... Literally.
  7. K

C6100 Mezzanine card 10G questions

I'm just now getting my feet wet in the networking side of things... I'd like to add a couple more physical interfaces to my C6100 nodes. Currently I'm looking at: Dell Dual-Port 10GbE SFP Mezzanine Card with Riser C6100 C6220 X53DF My PCIe slots are occupied with 4Gbps FC cards (small SAN...
  8. K

VMware, ZoL, and targetcli odd issue...

A quick overview of the setup: VMware ESXi (5.5 and 6.0) on a C6100 node (for now)... Fedora Server 21 - ZFS on Linux - (Tested Fedora Server 23 also...) - 8x 3TB SATA 7200RPM drives on a Dell h310 (LSI-9211-8i flash). Mirrored pair vdevs for now. Brocade 200E Fabric Switch QLogic 2462 4Gbps...
  9. K

HP EG0300FBDBR Firmware Upgrade

I've recently inherited a few HP 2.5" 300G SAS 10k drives (EG0300FBDBR). I'm going to attempt to use them in a ZFS configuration, 18 drives total across 3 Dell H310s (flashed to LSI 2008 HBAs). From what I can tell these drives have 3 different versions of HP firmware on them. The majority...