Search results

1. G

Qotom Denverton fanless system with 4 SFP+

Oh this is an issue I'm facing on the Dell Edge 640 box as well. Anything with kernel 6.x is having this issue with link never showing up (Proxmox 8, Debian 12, Ubuntu 24.04 nightly build, VyOS 1.4/1.5 rolling). The only time it could work is if the DAC cable is directly connected between 2...
  2. G

Dell VEP/VMWare Edge/Velo Cloud SD-WAN/VeraCloud VEP1400/VEP1400-X firewall units

@oneplane - can share at least the i2c commands for fan control? trying to see if I can bring it down to a level I'm comfortable with, without having to swap it out for quieter fans
  3. G

Dell VEP/VMWare Edge/Velo Cloud SD-WAN/VeraCloud VEP1400/VEP1400-X firewall units

hmm @Brood - this may be the indication why copper 1G and copper 10G transceivers can't work on the built-in X553 ports on Atom C3000 series: https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/solutions/netgate-6100/io-ports.html#sfp-ethernet-ports
  4. G

Just sent you the file, @oneplane . Do tell me more about what can be configured on the PIC via i2c. Btw, are the fans any good throttled down, or might as well replace them with quieter fans?
  5. G

I've entertained the idea of having a GPON (or rather XGS-PON in my potential 10Gbps fiber broadband) - how does one go about bypassing the ONT and getting the necessary credentials (or settings?) to link up with the ISP?
  6. G

Oh damn... those buttons sure are mysterious and finicky! I have 1000BASE-LX and 10GBASE-LR transceivers but no copper modules at all. I was thinking of getting a 10GBASE-T copper SFP+ transceiver from Fiberstore if I do sign up for 10Gbps fiber broadband for home in the coming months.
  7. G

@Brood - What OS are you running on your Edge 640? I'm testing vyos and ESXi 8.0U2 on it. My first unit I did the ufw 2.4 BIOS/CPLD/PIC updates and naturally the watchdog no longer triggers reboot. On my second unit, without BIOS/CPLD/PIC updates and the watchdog causes reboot but after I...
  8. G

Recently got my hands on a few units of the Dell Edge 640, they all seem brand new unused in box. Downloaded the DiagOS installer, installed, and even ran ufw 2.4 and the SSD firmware update. So updated to: BIOS image version: 3.50.0.9-19 CPLD image version: 0x29 PIC image version: v20P I...
  9. G

[FS][Asia-SG][HP DL360p, DL380p Gen8 Servers, Arista / Mellanox / Force10 switches]

[Items located in SINGAPORE] Clearing out my equipment recently taken out from datacenter colocation: HP DL360p Gen8 1U SFF Servers - Dual Intel Xeon E5-2660 - 128GB RAM - Dual-port Mellanox ConnectX-3 40Gbps - P420i RAID card - iLO4 Advanced - with full rail kit - dual PSU - No SSD/HDD...
  10. G

WTB - Mellanox SX6036 switches (and rackmount rail kits too)

If anyone with spare SX6036/SX1036 switches (PSU to connector airflow, blue label) and/or the MSX60-SKIT rackmount kits, let me know. I'm in the market for 2-3 units.
  11. G

Patching Intel X520 EEPROM to unlock all SFP+ transceivers

Anyone tried this on the X710 cards?
  12. G

Arista .swi Firmware Checksums

Your checksum for EOS-4.13.16M.swi is correct, or at least the same as mine. LOL.
  13. G

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

I got you, fam
  14. G

VMWare 6.7 u2 + Connectx-3 Infinband no worky

It's working fine for me in Ethernet mode in 6.7U2 with ConnectX-3 (non-Pro)
  15. G

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

I've reversed the fans for these switches on both the fan units and the PSUs... no problems so far (it's been 2 years?)
  16. G

Solarflare SFP+ 10Gbe cards

They're doing fine, did a day of iperf testing, and ran vmotion over it just fine. No visibility to the temperature as the box is remote
  17. G

Received my 4 cards - quickly put 2 to test on ESXi - had to install the vmklinux driver from vmware site as there's no native driver support for this generation. Firmware update on ESXi is not an option either for this generation. The cards came with fairly old firmware, and the Solarflare...
  18. G

Anyone have connections at HPE? iLO4 fw 2.70 supports HTML5 KVM

Tried the new iLO - the HTML5 console loads instantly!
  19. G

So I bought these on a whim because: 1) my Intel X710 is not playing nice with the DAC cables and in ESXi there's no option to turn on unsupported sfp flag. 2) swapped out for Broadcom BCM57810 but it's been crapping the bed in high usage (like vMotion) in ESXi with both the new native qfle3...
  20. G

Modding/upgrading Arista switches?

Let me guess, you're gonna load up DOOM on the switch? :D