Search results

1. D

Enterprise SSD recommendation

Planning to get a QNAP ts-h1677xu-rp for a network database for a clinical research lab. Any recommendations for a reliable SSD? Ive heard kioxia brand is good. What about the samsung PM893 7.68TB drives? Any recommendations for a read intensive SSD with a decent DWPD?
  2. D

Server Query

Hi. I work in a diagnostic laboratory and we are getting a digitial imaging equipment with a requirement of a server. I have an existing 7950X on an Asus X670-E extreme, 64GB of RAM connected to an 8bay NAS with 32GB ECC RAM and m.2 cache drives on a 10GbE network. Will this suffice for an SQL...
  3. D

DiskStation DS1823xs+

Getting a DiskStation DS1823xs+ with 8GB ECC ram. Planning to upgrade it to 32GB ECC. Checking the site for the compatibility list for RAM upgrade it only list their own synology ecc ram and the price is 2-3x other brands. Would a non-ECC ram module work?
  4. D

Supermicro HBA card.

Hi. It's been days of sleepless nights trying to figure how to fix my LSI 9300-8i. It led me to get another HBA card for now to get my stuff running. Ive came across this HBA card, it is an AOC-S3008L-L8E SuperMicro 8-Port SAS 12Gb/s PCI Express 3.0 Gen 3 HBA Controller Card. Though I need a 16i...
  5. D

9300-8i Update

I have a 4 year old LSI HBA 9300-8i behaving weird one day. It wont boot to its bios and showed the "fault 05h" message. I posted recently about this and a flash to a new firmware was advised. I havent flashed an HBA card before so I was looking around the forum and the internet and no luck for...
  6. D

LSI HBA card BIOS wont load.

Hi. I have a 9300-8i HBA card. It was working fine and suddenly it cant load. It says "MPT fault 05" Any ideas what to do? Thank you