9300-8i Update

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

DocJuan

Feb 24, 2023
I have a 4 year old LSI HBA 9300-8i behaving weird one day. It wont boot to its bios and showed the "fault 05h" message. I posted recently about this and a flash to a new firmware was advised. I havent flashed an HBA card before so I was looking around the forum and the internet and no luck for me and was not able to find the specific methods to get it to work from making a USB boot drive to make the sas3flash to boot into DOS. I then tried to boot it in another machine, still no luck there. A few hours ago I tried to install the card back to the machine and then miraculously it booted. I check the firmware and it is on ver 16.0.0~. So I figured it does not need a flashing to a new version. I turned off the machine so that I can slap back all the drives and then on reboot it failed again and wont boot giving me the fault 05h. I suppose this could be an overheating problem and opened the card and here are my findings. Any thoughts?

Attachments