Search results

1. J

Perfect Project TinyMiniMicro Pushing a 1L PC as a Server Concept

Awesome article. I'm building in this unit now. I have what is perhaps a stupid question. How did y'all get units with perforated top covers? Mine is a solid piece of metal. I'd really prefer the perforated version for ventilation. EDIT: The perforated covers might be for the G9 800? I'm...
  2. J

Review Request: HP Flex IO 10Gbit module

What's the operating temperature range on these? I installed it in an HP EliteMini G9 600 running Proxmox 8.2, where it idled at 46 C without being attached to a VMBR. Once attached to a VMBR, it took about two minutes to climb up to 68 C and sit there, and as I type this, it's trying very hard...
  3. J

HGST MUSMM616ASS200 -- Latest Firmware for HGST and HP Versions?

Thank you! The changelog unfortunately does not address the issue I'm seeing with these drives--namely spurious warnings/errors on the console when smartd queries their status. I'm hoping it's just an inconvenience/smartctl bug. I'm seeing this behavior both with the HPD1 and HPD2 firmware. I...
  4. J

HGST SAS SSD gives Sense Key : Recovered Error [current] and Add. Sense: Grown defect list not found

tl;dr: With possibly the same disks, I'm seeing the exact same errors, but only on the drives with the HP OEM firmware as compared to the HGST firmware. I hope this isn't considering necro'ing, but this was the first result on Google for this error, and I wanted to contribute what I've seen...
  5. J

LSI 9500-16i HBA IT-Mode/Equivalent Questions

I’m building a new server with an LSI 9500-16i HBA card. I previously used a pair of LSI 9207-8i cards that had to be flashed to IT mode, but my understanding is that the 9500 cards work only in HBA mode, and don’t have hardware RAID. Still, I’m a bit confused. Looking at storcli64, the card is...
  6. J

Thanks. I'm glad you had better luck with Google than I did. Are Seagate and HGST interchangeable here? My understanding is that these are HGST drives, as they're identical to the HGST drives I also have in the system. I'm still not sure where to find the newest HGST firmware...
  7. J

Hello, I have several of these that I bought used, and I want to make sure I flash the firmware on them before deployment to avoid any potential data corruption/stability bugs. They were all sold as HGST drives; I didn't realize until I got them that several of them are flashed with HP...
  8. J

Firmware package for Samsung SM883/MZ7KH3T8HALS

I think that's a very sensible approach. Thanks for your advice. :) I'll try flashing them this weekend.
  9. J

Firmware package for Samsung SM883/MZ7KH3T8HALS

This is my first time buying used enterprise Samsung SSDs, and it might well be the last. :p DC Toolkit can see them and report TBW. (Annoyingly, smartctl doesn't seem to be able to report TBW? Is anyone else seeing that?) I have SM 883 drives that report as MZ7LH1T9HMLT-000AZ with firmware...
  10. J

[LSI 9207-8i][Newbie] How to find BSD-EFI file?

Thanks! I agree; it's not really worth it if everything is actually working--and so far, it seems to be. At this point, I'm more concerned with figuring out how to flash the firmware on the SSDs. The HP ones in particular are annoying me because they refuse to keep their power LEDs lit in...
  11. J

Thanks! I actually thought it had the LSI firmware on it? It's got the P20 version, according to the MegaRAID Manager. At this point, the only reason I want it is to try to get it to list itself and its connected drives at boot, just so I know they're there. Important, but I'm not sure whether...
  12. J

So, I got to try this. It worked great for the card that MegaRAID identifies as an actual "SAS9207-8i." The other card is an IT Mode HP H220. It just hung on that one. It didn't brick it or anything, but it didn't install, either. I let it sit for about 10 minutes, doing nothing, then cancelled...
  13. J

Thanks! Somehow when I tried to search there, it kept dropping me into their SAS3 card drivers and related files. Looking at how you filtered, it seems I wasn't going into the "Legacy" group of items in the filter. I keep forgetting how old my equipment is. I'll try this today. Hopefully, it'll...
  14. J

Help with Finding Correct Firmware Updates for HGST/HP-Rebranded SAS2 SSDs?

Hello, I've got several HGST Ultrastar HUSMM1616ASS200/HUSMM1616ASS204 that I bought as a bundle. I thought they were identical (except for the minor difference in encryption bits (the 4 vs 0), which I don't care about ... yet). However, they fall into two groups: EMC Branding: These show up...
  15. J

(I'd like to preface this by saying that I did check Broadcom's support documents/downloads page, but their search tool is so confusing that I was afraid to actually try downloading and installing anything before I asked.) Hello, I've got a couple of LSI 9207-8i SAS2 cards in my system (one is...