Search results

1. M

$36 *USED* 6TB SAS Toshiba HDDs

Despite the listing, these are NOT new. I got mine today, and they have 45k+ power on hours. Toshiba MG04SCA60EE 6TB 7.2K 3.5" SAS 12Gbs Server Hard Drive Dell HP | eBay Sent an offer for 8 at $31, got accepted.
  2. M

[FS][US-WA] HBAs, NICs, Assorted Server Parts

Shipping not included. I will test anything before shipping. HBAs and cables: 9400-16i - unbranded, probably remanufactured/fake-ish, bought from this listing - $180 DiLiVing/Dilinker 2x U.2 direct attach drive cable for the 9400 - $15 U.2 enabler cable 05-60008-00, bought from this listing -...
  3. M

Can't decide on a TRX50 board

I'm still using an X79 as my daily driver and I think it's time to upgrade. I'm going with HEDT because I want to have enough PCIe lanes for GPU + 40GbE (with future 100GbE) + several U.2/U.3 drives + whatever random expansion cards I might feel like in the future. Since I plan to use 2.5" NVMe...
  4. M

BPN-NVME5-LA26A-S12 mounting bracket (or lack thereof?)

I just got one of these for a CSE-826. It definitely doesn't fit with the bracket that came with the chassis (for a BPN-SAS2-826EL1). But it seems to fit just fine if I mount it directly to the chassis without using any mounting bracket whatsoever. Is that what you're supposed to do with these...
  5. M

Best way to do 240v split-phase with a UPS?

I'm planning to put in a new circuit for servers, but I figured I might as well go for 240v instead of 120v, since most PSUs are more efficient at the higher voltage. Plus, I'd be able to use a lower current rating for the same wattage. What I'm stuck on is the UPS situation. Obviously I'll...
  6. M

Userscript to restore eBay's sale history link

You used to be able to click on the "x sold" link to see the sale history of an item, but that was removed recently. It's still reachable via URL, so I made a GreaseMonkey script to restore the clickable link. You'll need to change the @match or add a user include if you're not using US ebay...
  7. M

Broadcom 9400 - Can't get it to see NVMe drives on a backplane

So, I got a 9400-16i and just used it for SAS for a while since the 9305-16i wasn't any cheaper. Apart from not wanting to talk to my SGPIO backplanes, it worked fine on expander backplanes. Now, I'm trying to do NVMe. I have two Kioxia KCM51VUG1T60 drives, and a BPN-SAS3-826EL1-N4. I have the...
  8. M

[WTB][US-WA] Various Specific Supermicro Parts + Others

Looking for some parts that are harder to find (or hard to find at a good price). Not in any particular rush. CSE-745 parts: Any relatively modern power distributor with PCIe power connectors 2x CBL-0286L (4 pin rear fan cable) BPN-SAS3-743A-N4 (Backplane with 4x NVMe) CSE-847 parts...
  9. M

ZFS Dedicated Metadata device + L2ARC + SLOG

I currently use a setup with L2ARC + SLOG on some smaller SAS SSDs. I plan to swap out the SAS SSDs for 2 NVMe SSDs. These would be quite a bit larger and obviously faster. However, what I'm wondering is, since the metadata device would be just as fast as any cache device (they'd both be on...
  10. M

X13SAV-PS ?

X13SAV-PS | Motherboards | Products | Supermicro Unreleased. Seems to be an LGA-1700 motherboard with no chipset. One of those things that seems odd at first but makes sense when you think about it - the CPU has enough built-in IO for basic peripherals. The "AMD Knoll Activator" is the only...
  11. M

Upgrade idea for a CSE-847

I've been looking into ways of getting some (2 or more) NVMe bays into my CSE-847. I know I can replace either backplane with the -N4 or -N8 version, since it's an old version and doesn't have the slot for the 2x bays in the rear. But since those are more expensive and would take away from...
  12. M

Does a 1U or 2U front-I/O chassis with bifurcated PCIe riser exist?

I got this link from another thread: https://www.amazon.com/DMC-Taiwan-Rackmount-MicroATX-Motherboard/dp/B07VFVLDB3 Is there something out there like this, but specifically with a bifurcated PCIe riser? Either a 1U with x8/x8, or 2U with x8/x4/x4 or similar. I have a couple X10SDV mini-ITX...
  13. M

9400-16i + BPN-SAS3-I28A - Can't get fail/locate LEDs to work

I just upgraded from a 9200-8i + BPN-SAS-I28A to a 9400-16i + BPN-SAS3-I28A (the version with an Atmel chip). Problem is, I can no longer get the LEDs (other than presence/activity) to work now. Here's what I've tried: ledctl - used to work perfectly (still does for the main backplane which is...
  14. M

How Bad are Chipset/PCH Lanes?

I'm currently running a 40GbE x8 NIC in my desktop (MCX354A-FCBT), but it's getting quite ancient and I'd like to upgrade. Problem is, DDR5 HEDT stuff isn't out yet, and consumer chips don't have many PCIe lanes (either 24 on AM5, or 20 for Intel). So the question is, would using chipset lanes...
  15. M

Good NVMe Mobile Racks?

I've got my storage server in an SC745 right now. I see that there's a replacement backplane (BPN-SAS3-743A-N4) that gives me 4 NVMe slots on the main backplane. But, I've still got extra slots in the 5.25" bays, and I've got a 9400-16i on the way. So my question is, are there any standalone...