Search results

1. E

SuperMicro backplane in non-SM server?

Can I use a SuperMicro SAS-826A backplane in a non-SuperMicro server? I know it probably has proprietary connectors but are there adapters available and/or could I DIY something? I’m OK with modding the connectors if there’s a diagram or procedure out there.
  2. E

Network architecture (semi-noob) questions/advice, please?

Wow! Thank you, Sean Ho! I’m going to have to read that about 20 more times before I can understand it all but I sure appreciate your time, assistance, and advice!
  3. E

So assuming you leave your HomeLab for a while...

Ah! I should factor that in, too - how much can I run (and for how long) on a UPS?
  4. E

So assuming you leave your HomeLab for a while...

I'm just starting my homelab and I was struggling to decide what to put where. Which containers/services to co-locate, etc. Your post introduced another layer of complexity - but it might also bring things into clarity. Let's see, off the top of my head... I'll definitely want access to...
  5. E

Thanks for the input, Drewy! Any thoughts on my segmentation scheme? And why do you use VLANs over just subnetting?
  6. E

Thanks so much for reading my post, altmind! I really appreciate your time and advice. I’ll take everything you said under consideration. Yeah, it seems like making an over complicated mess is what I need to do. But each time I have to redo everything, I learn something, right? Maybe several...
  7. E

I apologize in advance for the length of the following. If you take the time to read it, know that I very much appreciate your time and consideration! :) I'm going from an inexpensive, consumer-grade (mesh WiFi) network to a fully managed home network with pfSense, a managed switch, and managed...