Search results

1. M

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Who's going to test the new N100 version with 8x 2.5G or 4x 2.5G and 2x SPF+ NIC? cwwk.net aliexpress I have doubts about the PCIe lanes. PCI x4, 4x NIC and a M.2 1x port and all lanes are gone. How about the SATA, USB and mPCIe (USB only according aliexpress)? And the Intel x520 is PCIe 2.0...
  2. M

KingNovy, Topton and their countless shops on Aliexpress are the same seller. I already did order from KingNovy and Topton, and both time it was the same shit. There is a Topton Logo in KingNovy Shops. Costs and costs of shipping (if there are any) are more or less the same Description is...
  3. M

CWWK 6 Port Router Intel U300/i3-1315U/i5-1335U/i7-1355U

This? The device is most likely just the 4+2 or 4+4 version without the add-on board (this device on cwwk.net). Four of the 2.5G ports are on board. The second / lower row with either 2x 10G or another 4x 2.5G is a add on card over a PCIe 3.0 4x (mechanical a 8x) slot. Just remove the card and...
  4. M

Topton/KingNovy just does sell these units, changwang manufactures them. Internals are identical, accessories may be different. I got some very bad PSU with wrong outlets from Topton, missing adapters (eg fan). And service, shipping speed and after sales was very bad from Topton. I ordered 3...
  5. M

miniPC for pfSense

This. Search inside for X86-P5, we discussed a few points about this device.
  6. M

miniPC for pfSense

CWWK X86-P5 might be an option for a 2 port unit. But the case is quite small it can get hot. I somehow won the silicon lottery, mine is quite cool under no load. But still, after 30min full load the case gets quite hot but the unit is still very stable. Others did have less luck. Check the n100...
  7. M

Switch Model Selection Advice

I'm in europe, Switzerland to be precise. The Qnap is about 800$, the Zyxel about 460 to 520$ online.
  8. M

Switch Model Selection Advice

A few days ago I stumbled over the new Zyxel XMG1915 series, 8 and 16 port versions available, all with 2.5G and two additional SFP+ ports. The Zyxel XMG1915-18EP has 8 PoE++ and 8 non PoE ports, might not be enough for you. But the device is new and at least 300$ cheaper than the Qnap here...
  9. M

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

Should be JST 4pin 1.25mm Do a quick search here in this thread, I think connectors have been linked.
  10. M

@ExplodingLemur The X86-P5? A DB9 connector will be a tight fit... There are two modules inside, the fixation is a bit sketchy... The solder joint are higher than the rim on the left, the bottom plate has to be mounted the right way. Distance between case and RAM slot is 9mm Distance...
  11. M

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

The N305v2 seems to have issues with 48G RAM, see the Nxxx thread here.
  12. M

Topton n6005, 4 ports, i-226V – overheating issues, or how do I start the Noctua NF-A4x10 PWM fan?

I'm at 38° in OPNsense with my Celeron N5105 and a 80mm fan on the base lid I disabled turbo mode in BIOS and enabled C states in OPNsense tunables. PL1 is set to 10000 (= 10 W) (that's default for the CPU) PL1 Time I left at 0 (don't know what a "good" value is for this, so I just left it) PL2...
  13. M

Topton n6005, 4 ports, i-226V – overheating issues, or how do I start the Noctua NF-A4x10 PWM fan?

Sorry, can't help. Just my experience with this fan and Topton model: Had the V2 of the ChangWang N6005. The base could only take a 40mm fan, I got the Noctua you mentioned. What should I say... With my v2 every PWM setting I tried in the BIOS did not work. The fan was always on full speed...
  14. M

Made a few tests with my X86-P5 for you. Maybe I won the silicon lottery, mine is pretty cool :cool: All test were made with the following config: CWWK X86-P5, Intel N100 16GB Crucial DDR5 4800 RAM Adata Legend 700 256GB NVMe SSD Additional 4 USB ports installed (USB uppgrade from cwwk) FAN: USB...
  15. M

STH has reviewed these: 8x 2.5G and 2 SFP+ + 4x 2.5G. Conclusion is somehow mixed. Maybe the 13th gen is different? Edit: There is a thrad about the unit: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/cwwk-6-port-router-intel-u300-i3-1315u-i5-1335u-i7-1355u.42079/...
  16. M

Willing to help, but I'm not sure about the version. Mine says UEFI 2.8; PI 1.7 dated from 07/19/2023, 17:30:01. Board is CW-ADLNT-1C2L, also with the N100...
  17. M

Yeah, totally agree. It would just be interesting to see what is delivered. The X86-P5 gets a little warm without a fan (case gets quite warm but temperatures are still perfectly fine). This should be better here. I'm not quite sure about the RAM, seems to be copy paste from the AlderLake U...
  18. M

There seems to be a new device / additional version with complete different board layout from changwang: Two i226 and a PCIe 8x (4x link) interface seems to be quite interesting. With the PCIe slot a 10Gbit router is possible. But how am I supposed to fix the additional card? No case/housing...
  19. M

CWWK official site delivery issues

Best is over chat on the site, quite responsive (had tax / declaration issues with my X86-P5, they refunded a part of the additional costs)
  20. M

when 1gbps home internet is to slow try 50gbps

How about 25 Gigs for ~73$? Including live TV, IPv6 /48. Better price performance ratio :) https://www.init7.net/en/internet/fiber7