Search results

1. sfbayzfs

FS/FT - SFBayZFS's 2020-2021 home storage lab liquidation

Apologies for disappearing for a while - It is realistically going to take me another 2-3 weeks before I will be able to get caught up on replies and list updates - I have finally restored a backup of my personal laptop after an SSD failure a couple of months ago, and my main NAS with the...
  2. sfbayzfs

Hi all, apologies for the lack of communication recently - about three weeks ago another urgent medical situation came up suddenly, which left me no time to deal with anything until now. I am going to start catching up on replies and checking if folks are still interested in things they pinged...
  3. sfbayzfs

Heads up - I will finally be catching up on replies tonight / tomorrow (this has been an absurdly busy week both at work and home), I'll edit this and the original post when I am done.
  4. sfbayzfs

I'm still behind on replies, trying to catch up before I have to go to sleep - I also was only able to transport half of the packed packages to Fedex and USPS today, I will be able to send the rest tomorrow late afternoon.
  5. sfbayzfs

Update - Apologies for shipping delays - more medical logistics have made me miss my planned dropoffs at Fedex and USPS yesterday and today, but I will definitely get there tomorrow. IO shields acquired, and will now be included with X10 Xeon E3-1200 v3/v4 and Atom C2000 boards! Some price...
  6. sfbayzfs

I've replied to all DMs and updated the main post again with more, including the Xeon D stuff and items on hold, thanks all.
  7. sfbayzfs

Hi, thanks, and I have close, but not quite that RAM - I have 8 pieces of the 1Rx4 version of those, and two pieces of the 2Rx4 but only at 2133P, the 2400T are all Supermicro certified. For the SC216 chassis' I have a few - most are with the SAS2 expander backplane, one has the "A" direct...
  8. sfbayzfs

Last time I shipped something 3U or 4U in that area via Fedex Ground, I think it was somewhere in the $60-$80 range, I'll just call it $60.
  9. sfbayzfs

The (hopefully) final word on which 115x Intel CPUs actually support ECC RAM

That is expected, and I have clarified the above, adding the "Problem" section - your CPU runs just fine, but since it is an affected Ivy Bridge i3, it is not actually using the ECC functions of your memory, so if there is an error, it will not actually be detected or repaired :( I will be...
  10. sfbayzfs

The (hopefully) final word on which 115x Intel CPUs actually support ECC RAM

Hello fellow price conscious system builders, The 115X single Xeon C2xx platforms are hobbyist favorites, not only because they come in micro ATX, and even ITX form factors now, but because you can get started with a cheap Celeron, Pentium, or i3 with full ECC memory support, and upgrade later...
  11. sfbayzfs

Thanks all for your kind wishes and stories of loved ones, my heart goes out to everyone having an especially tough time now with healthcare issues compounded by the pandemic, or related more directly to it. We had been getting used to my dearest being on permanent chemo, and fortunately...
  12. sfbayzfs

Updated 2021-08-02 Apologies for disappearing for a while - It is realistically going to take me another 2-3 weeks before I will be able to get caught up on replies and list updates - I have finally restored a backup of my personal laptop after an SSD failure a couple of months ago, and my...
  13. sfbayzfs

Canada No longer needed - WTB 16-bay Chassis

Last time I shipped a 2U SC826 to Canada, it was about US$150 USPS international. Around the same time, I was able to ship two of them to Canada in a larger box for the same price via Fedex Ground International, but the customs clearance fees via Fedex added on to duty for the insured value are...
  14. sfbayzfs

EU !VOTING ENDED! WTB Ablecom case CS-T80-02 - GROUP PURCHASE VOTE

I researched this about a year ago - apparently Ablecom directly only deals in bulk, like 1K units. I saw interest somewhere trying to get a group buy together, but the thread was dead last time I looked. If I find my notes, I'll post the links here. I am currently using one of the 4-bay ones...
  15. sfbayzfs

Are there any members who are experts on Electrickery

Yes, many of them found new homes, but I still have several of the CSE-PTJBOD-CB1 left for sale, and I can ship internationally, please DM me with an address if interested! The USPS Priority Mail small flat rate boxes can hold two easily, and up to 4 if I repack them creatively, and it looks...
  16. sfbayzfs

FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 1: Systems, backplanes, controllers, expanders, mobos, procs, RAM

I find the Reply and +Quote buttons on each post somewhat counterintuitive, especially since there isn't a quick DM Reply button as well. Anyway, to answer this: I should have at least 15 extras of these sturdy trays (I somehow ran out of the flimsier 3.5" trays for the 8*6 / 8*7 chassis...
  17. sfbayzfs

How to reformat HDD & SSD to 512B Sector Size

Avoid these HP branded Seagate 4TB SAS SEDs: Seagate model: st4000nm0063 HP P/N 746841-004 HP Model SMEG4000S5xnF7.2 These are HP 3PAR drives, with firmware 3P00 on them They sg_format fine to their native 520, but will not take 512, responding with Sense key: Illegal Request ...and the -6, -S...
  18. sfbayzfs

FS: $0 Free stuff! (Local SF Bay *open to shipping now*) Motherboards, random other stuff

Unfortunately the pics my phone takes are too big for the forum, so I don't end up posting pics here very often. I am planning to take some pics of both FS stuff and cool builds and then scaling them down for the forum, we'll see how much life gets in the way of that.
  19. sfbayzfs

FS: $0 Free stuff! (Local SF Bay *open to shipping now*) Motherboards, random other stuff

I can bring smaller stuff into SF, larger stuff would have to be picked up in Oakland
  20. sfbayzfs

Adding new items (motherboards), removing items which are gone (fans, some boxes)