Canada No longer needed - WTB 16-bay Chassis

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Komic45

May 11, 2017
Hello,

I have a SUPERMICRO MBD-X10DRL-I currently in a regular tower with 10 HDDs, I would like to move it to a rack so I'm looking to buy a 16-bay chassis, preferably Supermicro or similar with a SAS2 Backplane.

Something like the Supermicro CSE-836.

I can pay for shipping as long as it's not something exorbitant :)

Thanks

Edit: Got one from Ebay, came with 2 1k PSU, rails and caddies :D , shipping was still expensive unfortunately but its the best deal I could find

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
Last time I shipped a 2U SC826 to Canada, it was about US$150 USPS international. Around the same time, I was able to ship two of them to Canada in a larger box for the same price via Fedex Ground International, but the customs clearance fees via Fedex added on to duty for the insured value are much higher, and UPS may be worse from what I hear, so USPS is probably a better way to go.

What is strange is that if you look up the duty rate for computer parts sent from the US to Canada, there is a code and everything, and it is supposed to be 0%, as in no tax, go figure!

Komic45

May 11, 2017
yeah the shipping kills most deals in the USA, for example in ebay there's a 3U SC836 but the shipping is US $224.85 (approx. C $305.10) and like you said on top of that there's customs...