Search results

1. N

x4x4 PCIe to Dual M.2 for 1u Chassis?

Hello, all, I've got a couple SuperMicro 5018-FTN4 servers that I've got fully loaded at this point, and am looking at trying to add a couple of additional SSDs to it. I already have them packed, so there is no room for any additional 2.5in SSDs (I've even designed and 3d printed brackets to...
  2. N

Supermicro - Configuring Fan Speed by RPM?

Hello, all, I've got a couple of SuperMicro 5018A-FTN4 I'm using to run TrueNAS on. I've got a couple of HDDs in them, and they're idling up around 50c, so having installed an additional fan (Noctua) pointing at these drives to try and bring the idle temps down a bit. Unfortunately, the RPM of...
  3. N

Solved: Brocade ICX 6450 - Intra-VLAN Switching Not Occurring

FINAL EDIT: After many hours of digging, finally figured it out: It was the Uplink-switch configuration. I don't know what that is supposed to do (when setting up the VLAN, I'd thought it was just telling the switch which port the default gateway would be accessed through), but it was preventing...
  4. N

HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini Additional Built-in NIC

Hey all, I designed a 3D printed adapter to put an additional NIC into my HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Minis, and figured I'd share it here in case anyone else wanted to do this on theirs. The only NIC I could find that would fit without modification in the case seemed to be the DFRobot FIT0798...
  5. N

DAC vs. Fiber vs. Standard Copper Ethernet Durability - Sit-Stand Desk

Hello all, I just purchased a used Brocade 6450-24p off eBay, and am working on getting the hardware ordered for using the SFP+ 10gbe ports. I've got a sit-stand desk for my desktop, which will be one of the devices connected to a 10gbe port. Ideally I'd go with rj-45 modules on both ends...
  6. N

HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini - Anyone Try 64GB RAM? (2x32GB)

Hello all, I've been searching high and low for details on first-hand experience trying to use 64GB (2x32gb) of RAM on an HP EliteDesk Mini (recently picked up a couple of the i5-7600, 65w variant), but I've not found anyone that has tried it. The only supporting information I've been able to...
  7. N

EliteDesk Mini - 35w vs. 65w Variant Idle Power Draw, and i3 vs. i5 vs. i7?

TL;DR: 1. Anyone have numbers on idle power draw of 65w EliteDesk Mini variants? There seem to be differences other than dropping in a higher-TDP CPU, and want to know whether those could cause any difference in power draw. 2. How do the i5s compare to their i7 counterparts (or even i3s) in...