Search results

1. M

FS ConnectX-3 EN Card w/10Gb SFPs

Edited the original post to remove what sold. The 1 ConnectX-3 card is still for sale.
  2. M

x8 and I believe it's Gen1. Dell Silicom PEG6I Six Port Gigabit (GigE) Intel 82571EB Network Adapter I used it with vmware and Windows. It's the older intel chipset so it should work with almost anything. The card does have a PLX chip on board and uses 3 dual-port controllers to achieve 6...
  3. M

Added a couple more network items and specified the model of SFP+ modules I'm including.
  4. M

I am selling some ConnectX 10Gb fiber gear. The cards have the transceivers included. (1) ConnectX-3 EN Dual port regular size bracket w/ (2) JDSU 10GBase-SR SFP+ transceivers included. $135 + $5 shipping. Buyer gets a free 8m LC/LC patch cable. Note: the SFP+ modules I am including with the...
  5. M

SuperMicro A1SAI-2750F-O w/32GB RAM

They are 8GB DDR3 ECC EP3L-12800E modules. I don't think this board runs on non-ECC memory. The exact part number is SK Hynix HMT41GA7AFR8A-PB. They are on the SuperMicro HCL for this board.
  6. M

The C2750 and C2758 came out around the same time and are almost identical except the C2750 has Turbo Boost up to 2.6GHz while the C2758 does not. The C2758 has QuickAssist while the C2750 does not.
  7. M

HP Gen8+ SFF 2.5" Hard Drive Tray/Caddy

I have 8 of these. They are genuine HP units, not clones. Most still have the 300GB 10K SAS label on them. All have screws. I will sell for $11 each plus shipping. I believe all can fit in a USPS small flat rate box.
  8. M

Works great. I have used it off and on for virtualization for a little over a year running Hyper-V (and Xen for a short time). Includes box, cables and IO shield. Current cost of this board new + 32GB ram is around $560. Includes (4) 8GB RAM modules. A1SAI-2750F-O - $SOLD I also have the...
  9. M

Adding hardware video acceleration to server?

Are you up-to-date with the HP drivers for the hardware in your ML310e? I have the same server and I have experienced Hyper-V crashing issues (on this and other Gen8s) when using the Windows inbox drivers for the NICs in conjunction with the Hyper-V extensible VSwitch. Installed HP's drivers and...
  10. M

ConnectX-2 EN Card Sleep Issue

I am having an issue where my ConnectX-2 EN card (single port, same as one in deals section) disappears from my workstation after sleep. This occurs in Windows and Linux - the card is fine after a reboot but will not resume from sleep. The issue occurs with both the HP custom firmware that...
  11. M

10Gb SFP+ single port = cheaper than dirt

These work great in NAS4Free 10.2.0.2.1814. The drivers are included in the release so the cards are recognized immediately. NAS4Free 10.2.0.2.1814 released (FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE-P2) - Forum
  12. M

RAID Config for Archive Server

Thanks for the suggestion. How do you scale (if in the same chassis)? RAID60 or do you just add to the existing array for more capacity? This is for an on prem installation in our (small) server room.
  13. M

Same experience here with storage spaces. I'm hoping that with more disks and SSD tiering I can get better performance out of it. What type of issues have you seen with the Adaptec cards? From what I see they are made by PMC which makes my absolute favorite HP Smart Array cards, but I'm not sure...
  14. M

Thanks for responses so far! A couple more statements to answer questions The 846 SuperServer has a SAS3 HBA already - if going a RAID card I'm looking for a card model suggestion and RAID level config ReFS is going to be the filesystem Windows Server is the only option for this project Idea...
  15. M

I need to configure a multi disk setup on a Windows Server system. Looking for different ideas and opinions and their merits. I'll use Windows Server 2012 R2, or if Windows Server 2016 is out by the time I make the purchases I'll use that. Goal of this system is to have high capacity, high...
  16. M

Netgear XS712T 10GBase-T switch - 809.99/BO

I can't tell if the listing just ended or if someone bought it. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the switch, perhaps in a different thread. We've been considering getting this one, or the newer 728T for our network at the office. The tek syndicate guys did a video teardown of it...