ConnectX-2 EN Card Sleep Issue

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Mr. F

Sep 5, 2011
I am having an issue where my ConnectX-2 EN card (single port, same as one in deals section) disappears from my workstation after sleep. This occurs in Windows and Linux - the card is fine after a reboot but will not resume from sleep. The issue occurs with both the HP custom firmware that shipped with the card and the latest firmware download from Mellanox.

Windows logs the following events on the wake from sleep
Code:
Event Id: 71
Source: mlx4_bus

FlexSlave_2_0_0: Driver startup failed because PPF is being removed now.
Code:
Event Id: 10317
Source: NDIS

Miniport Mellanox ConnectX-2 Ethernet Adapter #2, {GUID Removed}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to low power
I have tried installing the latest Mellanox driver and updating the card to the latest available firmware.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to try next or what might be causing this? Motherboard is Supermicro X10SRA and I have the card directly connected to a server (no switch).

Aluminum

Sep 7, 2012
Try checking under advanced power options, you can set to not power down particular pci cards:

"PCI Express: Set the Link State Power Management to off, moderate or maximum power savings."

Would not surprise me if these kind of high performance cards don't support some low power sleep states.

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
I also have similar issues with another CX-2, Win10 won't sleep and Linux (5.x kernel) sometimes fails to bring back the card from suspend.