Search results

1. K

2.5 Gbe Nic only getting 1.5 Gb/sec in Hyper-V Linux?

Hi, I have two computers, both with Realtek 2.5Gbe Nics. One is built into the motherboard of my Windows Pro server and the other is via USB3 on my iMac. They are connected via a Zyxel 2.5 Gbe switch. Using iperf3 on my iMac and Windows 10 Pro I consistently get about 2.3 Gb/sec, as I would...
  2. K

2.5 Gbe Nic only getting 1.5 Gb/sec in Hyper-V Linux??

Hi, I have two computers, both with Realtek 2.5Gbe Nics. One is built into the motherboard of my Windows Pro server and the other is via USB3 on my iMac. They are connected via a Zyxel 2.5 Gbe switch. Using iperf3 on my iMac and Windows 10 Pro I consistently get about 2.3 Gb/sec, as I would...
  3. K

Cheapest way to get Fibre into an iMac?

I'm very close to starting a little lockdown project to deploy some fibre in my house. This has been driven by two things: 1. the cat5e cable to my study only connects at 100Mbps (can't find anything wrong with it.) and 2. I have just bought a new NAS with 2.5 Gbe and a PICe that could host a...
  4. K

Supermicro case (721TQ-250B2) with consumer (Asrock) motherboard

Operating System/ Storage Platform: Windows 10 CPU: i3-10100 Motherboard: Asrock H470M-ITX/AC Chassis: Supermicro 721TQ-250B2 Drives: Kingston A2000 Boot + some 3.5 RAM: 1x 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (1x 16GB) 2666MHz Add-in Cards: Power Supply: 250W Supermicro Other Bits: I decided to...
  5. K

25Gbps over CAT6A?

Does anyone have any experience of running 25 or 40 Gbps over CAT6A? I know the standard doesn't officially support it but I am interested if it is possible. The reason for the question is that I have a new 10Gbps server arriving and have discovered that one of my buried 5e cable drops (to my...