Search results

1. T

Starlink beta

Looks like Fedex will be coming out to the house on Friday to drop off my Starlink kit. Anyone else get signed up and have a package in route? Some information: The pole/mast that comes pre-mounted and pre-wired on the "UFO" dish aka "UFO on a stick" is 1.5 inches OD. Turns out that is a...
  2. T

Should I buy a lotto ticket? Comcast screwed up, what to do with 2047 additional public IPv4's? Joking...

Though I joke about this, I did call comcast to tell them about it. Of course their tier two tech support probably doesn't know DHCP and DNS from a hole in the ground (at least this was my experience today)... Any guesses how long it takes for the trouble ticket to hit an engineers desk? I am...
  3. T

Help! proxmox webui not reachable via 10GbE ?

Preface: I am not a linux/unix guru, but I can figure things out and googlefoo for the most part... I've only added the components of my network that are valid for this post. Configuration: *Server 00 2x Xeon E5-2678V3, 256GB ram, Intel 540-T2 10 GbE, Intel I350 2x 1GbE and onboard 540-T2 GbE...
  4. T

Help! :) Quanta D51B-2U fan control via BMC / IPMI2.0 commands?

Goals: Gain fan control so I don't have to physically modify the fan type, pwm intercept/external controller. I read that the fans are controlled in the BMC via this document here: http://www.staroceans.org/e-book/S2B%20IPMI%20Commands.pdf "64. Enable BMC debug message for Fan Control" It...