Search results

1. A

ESXI Networking Help

See this link. Understand How Virtual Machine Traffic Routes |VMware Communities On the first scenario, "VM's connected with Same vSwitch, same port group and VLAN", if I create a Freenas that has 10GB NIC and I have another guest that has 10GB NIC, will I get 10GB of network transfer assuming...
  2. A

Rack Cases that Supports HDD larger than 2tb

What are the common search term in ebay? For supermicro chassis, I always search for 'SAS2 supermicro'. I am getting results but it is expensive for me. I am trying to look for other brands. Chenbro has some cheap chassis but I don't know if it will support more than 2tb. EDIT: Can I assume...
  3. A

Mikrotik Hap AC vs Unifi AC Lite + Toughswitch/EdgeRouter PoE

I am setting up a PTP wireless. I am going to use PowerBeam for that. My question is regarding with the other endpoint. The DHCP server and the router is still going to be my pfsense. Or do you guys recommend having a second router and dhcp server at the end point? I am trying to keep the...
  4. A

SAN Build Advice Needed

I have a homelab right now. Xeon 1270v3 X10SLM+-LN4F 32gb ram 3 256gb SSD 48 port gigabit switch I need additional storage space because I am going to buy another esxi host. Right now, the disk are connected directly to the esxi. I need about 10tb of additional storage for datastore. I am...
  5. A

ESXI 6.0 Randomly Locks Up

I'm new with esxi. I'm not sure where to start or where to look for logs. I have a esxi 6 that randomly locks up. It could go for days or weeks without locking up. Sometimes it will lock up after a few hours after restart. When the host locks up, the keyboard is not working. I reinstalled the...
  6. A

Supermicro Rackmount Server Chassis (CSE-116TQ-R700CB) 190$

I found this on reddit. Seems like a good deal to me. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005B1AO9U?keywords=supermicro%202011&qid=1450273895&ref_=sr_1_34&sr=8-34
  7. A

Cisco SG200-50 SLM2048T Managed Switch 48 Ports Gigabit 100$

This might be a good deal. Cisco SG200-50 SLM2048T Managed Switch 48 Ports Gigabit *NO FANS* !READ! Any idea on what fan will be compatible?
  8. A

Recommend me a L2/L3 switch

I need a L2/L3 switch. Used or not used is okay. I will be using it for my homelab. I'm currently looking at Microtik switches right now. It is cheap and it has L3 capability. I VLANs is important for me. Any other recommendations?
  9. A

Always on Machine - Suggestions Needed

I'm planning to build a always on machine. The main use is going to be for PFSense, seedbox and DC controller (non tech savvy people in the house who always blame you when they install something funny in their computer). I might run couple of VMs for learning. I might also run exchange 2013 for...