Search results

1. S

Dell R710 RAID PERC H700 Foreign Configuration(s) issue

Well..... after a long long battle I finally won 1) Shutdown. 2) Unplug. 3) Take drive 1,2,3 and 4 out. 4) Go into the RAID config and create a new VD since the ssd shows up finally 5) Steps 1 and 2 again. 6) Place drive 1,2,3 and 4 in. 7) Boot and it should have my original RAID 5 intact...
  2. S

Dell R710 RAID PERC H700 Foreign Configuration(s) issue

Hey all. Just getting around to setting up my server from it setting some 2 years without plugging it in or running it at all. Now prior to it sitting I did have it running for awhile and I know it does run as it sits today but there seems to be some configuration issue with it now? This...
  3. S

Smallest affordable (aka cheap) server motherboard for custom mitx case

Hey all! So I am the guy who does what others say cant be done or isn't worth the time and energy... That being said I am trying to find the smallest (depth wise at least) dell, hp or something similar that has either 2 CPU's (1 CPU if it supports at least a 10 core Xeon). It must have at...
  4. S

Pickup an ITX motherboard

Hey all! I am hoping this is a susceptible topic area for my request. Not sure if it fits here or not but anyways. I am looking for someone who can pickup a package (its an ITX motherboard) from a craigslist guy for me around the Houston, TX area (59 and Bellaire) and mail it to me (doesn't...
  5. S

Cheap 1U PCIe M.2 Riser - why don't they exist?

Anyone know larryexchange’s email address?
  6. S

Customized PCI Express Gen 3 Carrier Board for 4 M.2 SSD modules

Anyone know larryexchange’s email address?
  7. S

Using my server as a desktop also when running ESXi 5.x?

These days I’m looking to get rid of my desktop pc tower and just go and build a custom server. Problem with that is the “experts” I’ve spoken too don’t really know how to answer my question. So, I was thinking that hopefully, maybe by chance, posting my question in this forum would help me get...