Search results

1. S

Do 2.5G+ In-wall APs or switches exist?

I have a device that I'd like to get 2.5G Ethernet to, but it's in my living room, which only has a single Ethernet pull (and I had to tear off drywall to get that in!). I currently have a Ruckus H550 in-wall AP in use there. The Ruckus provides 4x 1G downstream links; I'm using 2 of them...
  2. S

Weird eBay find: any clue what a Supermicro X10SDV-IBQ-AM04 is?

I was looking for something else, and ran across this listing on eBay for a Supermicro X10SDC-IBQ-AM04, and it's weird enough that I decided to ask if anyone here had any idea what it is. It's presumably a custom board for someone that SM made, with a Xeon D-1567, but the form factor and a...
  3. S

Main-page commenting is frustrating

I've had a couple main-page comments that I've started writing over the past month or two, only to have the page reload on its own after a few minutes, completely erasing my still-being-edited comment. Can someone fix this behavior?
  4. S

Intel E810-CQDA1/2 with mixed 10/25 interfaces?

It looks like the Intel 800-series NICs can split 100G ports into 4x25 and (potentially) 8x10 using their 'epct' tool, but it's unclear if they'll support 25G and 10G links on the same physical NIC at the same time. Their docs show 4x25, 2x2x25, and 8x10 as options, but there's no mention that...
  5. S

How bad can your SMART numbers be on a used HD before you refuse it?

I ordered a batch of 7 HUS726060ALS641 6T drives off of eBay. They arrived slightly padded in a bulging Priority Mail box. Of the 7, 4 failed to even spin up, and the 3 remaining drives have impressively large error and byte counts. This one has ~6.4 million corrected errors and 910 TB read...
  6. S

Does SONiC actually work for people?

I'm trying to get SONiC working on an Edge-ware/Accton AS7326-56X, and *wow* this is non-trivial. Minor issues so far: Changing interface speed between 10 and 25 Gbps requires editing hardware definition files. This may only be true for my hardware; it looks like it's generally supposed to...
  7. S

Do all of the cheap eBay 32xQSFP28 SONiC switches have dodgy Atom C2000s?

I’m considering buying a new switch or two for running SONiC. They’d be replacing a Gnodal 40GbE switch and a Juniper EX4500 10GbE switch. I need 20-ish QSFP ports and 20-ish SFP ports. Everything is 40/10 Gbps right now, and I don’t really *need* more bandwidth, but I’d rather buy 100/25...
  8. S

Amazingly fast delivery from fs.com

Apparently fs.com's new US warehouse is up and running. I ordered 8 Juniper SFP+ modules yesterday around 3:45 PM PST, they were marked as shipped just before 7 PM PST, and they were delivered around 10:15 AM this morning. I'm in the Seattle area, so they didn't have far to travel, but that's...
  9. S

Cisco BiDi / 40GBASE-SR-BD QSFP in non-Cisco switches?

I'd really like to run 40Gbe over ~50m of OM3 LC duplex fiber, which means using BiDi optics. I have a pair of Cisco QSFPs from eBay, but they don't want to work in my Gnodal GS0018--it lights up red and says that it's an invalid QSFP. Has anyone successfully used the Cisco QSFPs in other...