Search results

1. O

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

People keep talking about the power adapters and how they should be replaced, but why? "They are shit" is not an answer that's going to cut it for me. I have a two port N100 CWWK unit that's been running perfectly fine. I think I have had it for over two months. What's (supposedly) wrong with...
  2. O

Thanks. I'm nmot buying a crimper for one time use, but perhaps there is an adapter cable somewhere...
  3. O

What in Oblivion are the fan headers on the board? I bought a reduction from regular PWM connector to a "mini" one from a graphic card only to find out what the unit has is even smaller, about half the size. Where the hell do I get a reduction for that? I don't even know what's it called.
  4. O

Now I'm tempted to check my PC and the server to see in what places I used liquid metal and how do the surfaces look after a year or two. I did buy a tube of Noctua NT-H2 though and will use that.
  5. O

I found something: [2.7.2-RELEASE][admin@rozcestnik.lan]/root: dmidecode -t processor # dmidecode 3.5 # SMBIOS entry point at 0x75bb0000 Found SMBIOS entry point in EFI, reading table from /dev/mem. SMBIOS 3.6 present. # SMBIOS implementations newer than version 3.5.0 are not # fully supported...
  6. O

I have the same problem with reported speeds and platform temperature. Couldn't figure it out. I don't have another SSD to install Windows on it and check speeds on a different platform unfortunately. I wonder if it's a bug in pfSense or in the BIOS.
  7. O

I am already regretting buying the device a little bit. I've just gotten a response from CWWK support in a completely broken english. They basically said there was no BIOS update. I guess we're stuck with what we got at the time of purchase.
  8. O

Considering home server upgrade

I have just tried with the wall socket power meter. Interestingly, the server alone (I previously measured it wrongly, plugging the entire UPS in) uses 46-60W when idle (idle=3xVM running doing nothing). That's not bad at all. I guess I wouldn't gain much in this regard going AMD, but I just...
  9. O

What does that have to do with me? I specifically said I did need ECC support. I don't understand the point of your post.
  10. O

I disabled Speed Shift, enabled PowerD, and now CPU speed fluctuates between 700-800MHz, which seem just as wrong. The max speed is reported as 801MHz. I guess the BIOS is just bugged in some way.
  11. O

That's a good point, because I don't! But old hardware doesn't go well with low power consumption most of the time. MiniPC kind of device is out of the question too, because I need two PCIe slots and two M.2 slots.
  12. O

The server in its current state uses, if I remember correctly, more or less 100W with three VMs not really doing much at all. I'd have to check with the outlet meter again.
  13. O

Of course the power consumption will be lower, it's five years newer CPU made on much more efficient manufacturing process. Oh, and it's actually Xeon E-2136. I don't even know what's inside the server anymore, lol.
  14. O

Was anyone able to figure out where to get the latest BIOS btw? The "support" site is a chinese mess, it's indecipherable. The files in the archives are from 2022 too, so there must be other source, considering the BIOS in my V2 N100 two port unit has 11/10/2023 date.
  15. O

Damn, I really am good with abbreviations lately.
  16. O

What thermal sensor should I choose in pfSense? ACPI or Intel Core something? And shall I enable PowerD? Oh nevermind, it's mutually exclusive with Speed Shift. I'm pretty confused about the CPU load though. pfSense is hardly doing anything, and temperatures are a touch above 50°C, and the...
  17. O

I have a small home server running ESXi, which until a few days ago also ran pfSense in a VM for quite some time, but I bought a standalone box because it was inconvenient. Right now it only hosts TrueNAS and a seedbox VMs, and I don't have any immediate plans for expansion, but I will probably...
  18. O

VMs inaccessible by hostname after doing changes to network

I certainly feel like an idiot, but at least everything is working, and technically speaking I didn't mess anything up :D That's because Kea is feature incomplete, as I was told over at Netgate forums. I really think they shouldn't display the deprecation message just yet, it gives people false...
  19. O

Fixed. These two settings weren't checked for whatever reason (I do remember having them enabled in past; I guess I forgot about them when I was installing pfSense onto the new box).
  20. O

Yes I do have default gw set but that's only relevant to internet, I'm trying to figure out local stuff, right? No idea wha promote all boxes mean :( I think this is hopeless, I don't understand 80% of what you say.