Search results

1. I

My HDDs get too hot. What type of fans do I need?

Hi everyone, I have 2 unraid servers that get too hot when parity syncing, especially in the summer, so it is time to change the fans (original fans that came with the case). I like the cases I am using, and you cannot find anything similar these days, but due to their idiosyncrasies, I am not...
  2. I

LSI SAS9207-8e not recognized by my Windows system

Hi everyone, I recently received an LSI SAS9207-8e from ebay and installed it into my PC (windows 10, v.1903). The card does not seem to be even recognized by the system. In device manager -> storage controllers it does not appear at all. - the card is getting (very) hot, so it is being powered...
  3. I

PSUs for DAS

Hi everyone, I am building a very simple DAS server and most things are already ordered. I am going to use 2 basic HDD cages, a simple 2 Ports SSF-8087 to SFF-8088 adapter and put all these on a DIY frame. Last ingredient missing is a PSU and I was wondering if there are any PSUs that are...
  4. I

DAS enclosure - DIY PSU power button

Hi everyone, I am Building a DIY DAS enclosure. I do not want to use a mobo. I have seen here that there is the Supermicro CSE-PTJBOD but it seems to me an unnecessary waste of money. I was wondering, if I get a power button like this and strip the cable, could I coonect it to the appropriate...
  5. I

Clarification about Norco C-8087-8088F & connection to host

Hi everyone, I will attempt to build a DIY DAS enclosure and among the components I am looking at is the Norco C-8087-8088F. I have a few questions: 1. This does not seem to require any external power. Is it practically 2 male>female adapters glued to each other? 2. In the host side (my PC) I...