Search results

1. E

NVMe RAID 1 Questions

I'm considering getting two Intel P900 NVMe drives and putting them in RAID 1. They will be connected to the motherboard (Supermicro X11SRM-VF). I'm wondering if its possible to configure NVMe drives in RAID 1/0. Does it work exactly like SATA/SAS?
  2. E

Optimal FS/RAID for my use-case

I have ~50TB of content. I decided I will be using a RAID6 setup. I'm wondering what the best RAID config and FS are for my use case. The server stores lots of downloadable & streamable content (videos) with an average filesize of 500MB. What would you recommend? By raid config I am also...
  3. E

USB-C to Ethernet adapter not pushing 1000Mbps

USBC is Thunderbolt, and I have 4 thunderbolt 3 ports, which should go up to 40Gbps.
  4. E

It appears the same issue is happening with the belkin. My download never seems to go above 750mbps but my upload is always capped at 100mbps. Now I suspect it might be a configuration or software driver thing. Are there belkin drivers? I cannot seem to find them.
  5. E

Yes it does the same with another cat6 cable that pushed 1000mbps on another machine.
  6. E

I ordered the Belkin USBC to Ethernet adapter. I hope it doesn't have issues. If it works I will end up returning the Anker.
  7. E

It appears installing the driver partially fixed it. Now my down speed seems to be capping at around 700Mbps but the upload speed is stuck at 100Mbps! :( Is this normal or should I be getting 1000Mbps up and down?
  8. E

I have a 1Gbps fiber connection and when I use my PC or home server that are wired via Ethernet I get full speeds (up & down). But when I tried connecting my MacBook Pro to the Ethernet wire using a Anker USB C to Ethernet Adapter, Portable 1-Gigabit Network Hub I get a very jumpy connection...
  9. E

Best hardware RAID card for massive storage server (24 HDDs)

What would the rebuild time be for a raid6 rebuild using 24x12tb hds? I will definitely be going with ZFS. I will have to research it a little more but from everything I heard it's the best FS now and for the future. I should point out that this server will host many large video files. 100mb ~...
  10. E

The RAID cards I'm eyeing are LSI/Boardcom MegaRAID SAS 9361-8i and Microsemi Adaptec SmartHBA 2100-8i. Any thoughts on these? The MegaRAID has been around for years. Seems kind of dated but if it works it works? I will be using a MiniSAS to MiniSAS HD cable. The backpanel will have a SAS2...
  11. E

Are you talking about using the boards soft-raid?
  12. E

I'm going to build a massive storage server with 24x12TB HDDs in RAID 10. I'm curious what hardware RAID cards you recommend for such setup? For cables I am looking for ones that fan out from 1 to multiple SATA connectors. What do you suggest?
  13. E

Branded RAM question

HPE claims their ram unlocked some features and may give a slight performance boost. Is this true?
  14. E

Where to buy low profile bracket for PCI NVMe storage?

I'm looking for a low profile bracket that comes with the Intel PCIe NVMe SSDs. I found the part I need here: Low Profile Bracket for Intel 750 Series PCIe NVMe SSD, Gordogato's Interesting Stuff But they are sold out. Does anyone know where I can buy one like this or similar?
  15. E

Intel Optane P4800x vs P900

My server has no U.2/M.2 ports. Only AIC will work.
  16. E

Branded RAM question

What is a white box system?
  17. E

Branded RAM question

I ordered a HPE ProLiant DL325 G10 which has a AMD EPYC 7401P and 2x16GB DDR4 2666 RDIMMs. I would like to purchase 8x 32GB DDR4 2666 RDIMMs (Hynix HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK) to replace the RAM with, but I'm worried there may be some issues with compatability. Spec wise the RAM is exactly the same...
  18. E

My server does not support a U.2 drive. I only can go with the AIC version of the NVMe drive, so RAID1 is not an option for me. My server is a HPE ProLiant DL325 G10. AMD EPYC 7401P /w 8x 32GB RAM. Based on my resesrch the P900 is almost the same performance wise. The only difference that...
  19. E

Other any other difference between the Intel Optane P4800x & P900 other than their endurance rating (20.5 vs 5.11 PBW), MTBF (1.6m vs 2m), and Enhanced Power Loss Data Protection? I also read that the P4800x has the option to change the sector size. I've also seen some benchmarks where the...
  20. E

Branded RAM question

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right section as I couldn't find a sub-forum for RAM. Please move it to the correct section if misplaced. I am curious about about HPE/Lenovo branded RAM. Is there actually ANYTHING different about it other than a sticker?