Where to buy low profile bracket for PCI NVMe storage?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Most if not all the LP brackets have the standard 54mm between the mounting holes. Unless there are LED and/or external port openings, any LSI or Adaptec brackets should work just fine. Look for the ventilated brackets. Some of the older ones are solid.

BeTeP

Mar 23, 2019
Intel uses pretty much industry standard dimensions for its PCIe SSD - so all those linked above brackets would work as long as you do not mind doing some metalwork. Original Intel brackets do not have threaded holes - the screws go through the bracket lip and into the radiator. So you would need to drill out the threading and file away the rest of the extruded metal to make the lip completely flat.

svtkobra7

Jan 2, 2017
Intel uses pretty much industry standard dimensions for its PCIe SSD - so all those linked above brackets would work as long as you do not mind doing some metalwork. Original Intel brackets do not have threaded holes - the screws go through the bracket lip and into the radiator. So you would need to drill out the threading and file away the rest of the extruded metal to make the lip completely flat.
  • That is a solid darn catch I completely forget about ...
  • I had to whip out an empty Optane 900p box to refresh my memory and then it brought up other bad memories, I purchased a used one on fleabay, it only included the FH bracket and I needed the HH bracket and I couldn't find the Intel part anywhere (and I was able to procure the part #).
  • Prolly a bad example as that drive takes a torx head screw ... but that makes me ponder:
    • Is there any chance the thread on the heatsink is the same thread as on the bracket "tabs" (as to pose no problem)?
    • Or that the lip isn't actually threaded (I never seen one that isn't), but the photos of the one I linked at least are not high res enough to see if there is a thread there or not?
  • Anyway - solid catch ;)

wickedgtr

Jul 25, 2016
I'll trade some one HH for FH brackets, I have 2, non-threaded HH brackets, but need the FH.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
  • That is a solid darn catch I completely forget about ...
  • I had to whip out an empty Optane 900p box to refresh my memory and then it brought up other bad memories, I purchased a used one on fleabay, it only included the FH bracket and I needed the HH bracket and I couldn't find the Intel part anywhere (and I was able to procure the part #).
  • Prolly a bad example as that drive takes a torx head screw ... but that makes me ponder:
    • Is there any chance the thread on the heatsink is the same thread as on the bracket "tabs" (as to pose no problem)?
    • Or that the lip isn't actually threaded (I never seen one that isn't), but the photos of the one I linked at least are not high res enough to see if there is a thread there or not?
  • Anyway - solid catch ;)

kinda creepy, looks like it's smiling at me.

Reactions: svtkobra7