Search results

1. F

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

I am using the pm938a in 3 nodes running ceph, partly because I made a mistake and ordered the wrong thing, but it's working fine
  2. F

Getting vPro remote KVM working on Minisforum MS-01

Mesh Commander works fine for me except i also find that networking mounting an iso through AMT is janky AF and doesn't work right half the time, or is painfully slow.
  3. F

an oculink egpu would be a much better long term solution than trying to cram some sff gpu with a low power budget in there, that's brilliant. I may just have to test this!
  4. F

So what's the verdict on the best GPU to fit in here? My use case will be for an LLM on one of my proxmox nodes
  5. F

The paste on my units seemed fine, but I finally had a chance to install PTM7950. Not noticing a big change in temps during a stress test, but geekbench 6 and passmark both had improved single and multicore performance. Multicore was about 10% better, but single core was improved by 25%, and...
  6. F

i wonder if that's the smbus issue that requires you to tape off some pins on the pcie connector.
  7. F

That's fantastic! as i do want to put an HBA in 2 of my units
  8. F

Minisforum ms-01 i9-13900H 96GB with Proxmox

I'm now running 3 13900h nodes, with 96gb of RAM, 1xu.2 and 2x 22110 m. 2 drives. Running proxmox and ceph over a thunderbolt direct connection mesh. I haven't had any lockups. I did install the microcode patch as one of the first things I did. I do think some of the issues others are seeing...
  9. F

I'm currently using that adapter as a dedicated OOBM port. I'm a little confused by what your experiencing but I'm curious so that I know it's something to avoid in the future. Do you mean you cannot run a DHCP server that is serving IP addresses out of that port? If so what happens when...
  10. F

Fwiw I'm using a u. 2 pm983a and have no problems
  11. F

The 22110 is a larger enterprise card I'm not sure how the extension board would help him
  12. F

Did you have to snap it off to make it fit? Wondering if an full size 110mm m.2 drive would fit
  13. F

I just ordered Honeywell PTM7950 to try on this, never used it before.
  14. F

benefits of lower temps? I'd be so interested in one of these for a boot volume, but i just don't think there's room in the chassis, especially if you're using a u.2 drive. So i'm waiting for a usb to m.2 adapter to try an external boot drive for proxmox.
  15. F

PM983a, made an alcohol fueled ebay error when i entered my search for the pm9a3 and i got both devices back in the search results. Using thunderbolt networking. iperf3 is showing 23gbps half duplex to each port, even if i'm stressing both ports at the same time.
  16. F

Is anyone using proxmox with ceph on their MS-01's yet? I just ran a benchmark with rados and my iops seem a little slow even with u.2 drives.
  17. F

i'm not sure you can undervolt the 13900h, as it's not a "K" series cpu. but you should be able to power limit it.
  18. F

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I'm open to multiple switches, but I imagine that I would still wind up with a similar power envelope with 2 or more switches. Unless you have any suggestions?
  19. F

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I don't mean to be lazy, but this is a 468 page thread at this point! Are these switches still a good value to buy? how many copper 10gbe modules can you put in the sfp+ ports? I think many switches have a limit due to power/heat? I'm looking for at least 8 sfp+ ports for dacs, at least 15...