Search results

1. markarr

AVOID - 4U, 2x Node, 4x E5 V3/V4, 56x LFF SAS3 3.5" bay - $299 - CISCO UCS C3260

It might work for the cisco and then it might not work for the HP side, switches typically don't mind. Direct connect sometimes is best via fiber so you can get compatible adapters for both sides. I may also be wrong, I dont have any HP equipment to test. I know good chunk of cisco will throw a...
  2. markarr

AVOID - 4U, 2x Node, 4x E5 V3/V4, 56x LFF SAS3 3.5" bay - $299 - CISCO UCS C3260

If your making a direct connection via a twinax cable you may have compatibility issues. Not sure about HP but cisco doesn't always play nice with non cisco sfp/qsfp.
  3. markarr

ESXi all-NVMe storage array requirements

nvidia vGPU has drivers out there for xen, kvm, hyper-v, and esxi. Only used esxi so cant speak to usability of the others.
  4. markarr

Simple Hyper-V Failover cluster

If you want a automated failover you will need some sort of shared storage, starwind can do this for you. If you can live with manual and a 5 min RPO then you could just use native Hyper-V replication and no shared storage just storage local to the servers, this would be the KISS option.
  5. markarr

Moving from stand-alone ESXi to two ESXi servers managed by VCenter

Only if you reinstall esx onto the same disk that your vms are on. If they are separate you will just be able to import the vms when it comes back up.
  6. markarr

Electrical load tracking by circut recommendations ?.

I havent used it but looks like this would fit your bill. iotawatt, open no cloud subscription and says supports just about any power system.
  7. markarr

I at this point I would remove the host from vcenter and reinstall/reset config on the host. There is a Vmware Host Performance sensor that gives you metrics on the host if thats what your looking for. HA or autostarts its one or the other cant have both.
  8. markarr

#1 is a new one that i havent seen before. Are you registering it from vcenter? I would remove it from vcenter make sure its not on the host, reboot and then reregister it from vcenter. As long as your cluster doesnt have HA confgired you go to the host/configure/vm startup/shutdown. Not sure...
  9. markarr

I think all of your issues are related to you managing the host directly rather than from vcenter. vCenter has a config for each host internally and can overwrite any changes you make on the host itself to set it back to what it thinks it should be.
  10. markarr

Secure Access to Nextcloud

You can look at the guide on smarthomebeginner.com he has a guide for using trafik and 2 factor auth.
  11. markarr

Using a server PSU for 12v power supply

I would try searching for the model number in google you will probably find some r/c fourms as they use server psus for battery charging quite often. You will have to jumper one or more of the small pins to turn it on to get the 12v out.
  12. markarr

[FreeNAS] 2 different disks sets 1 pool?

So if you were to loose one vDev yes the whole pool will become unavailable, and you will have data loss. This is why even though it is "wasteful" people were suggesting raidz2.
  13. markarr

You would create a pool with one set of disks and then once that is created then you will expand that pool and that will allow you to make another vDev.
  14. markarr

What are you backing up from?
  15. markarr

You can have drives of different sizes in zpools. The stipulations are that you have to add the same type of zfs and same size. So if you create a 7 disk raidz1 you can expand the pool by another 7 disk raidz1, not an 8 disk raidz1. IIRC you can not shrink a zpool.
  16. markarr

Storage Server w/Mergerfs + Snapraid + Proxmox + ZFS??

Looks like if you exclude your disks from lvm, pvestatd does not scan those. So you should be able to spin down drives in proxmox that way.
  17. markarr

I dont sleep the drives. I have gone back and forth on that but most of my drives are from older enterprise storage so the power on hours were high when I got them so didnt want to take a chance of the spin cycles taking them out.
  18. markarr

I have only added: docker, snapraid, megerfs, and msmtp. So my installs are limited on the base os. Proxmox has built in data collector that i send to a grafana LXC, I have also tweaked the unraid Plex grafana dashboard to work with my plex lxc. The one thing I dont know that you have with your...
  19. markarr

Any reason you dont want to use proxmox as the base? It does zfs (w/e disks you want) boot out of the box with no fuss. Have your rootfs and your 10 disk pools for vms and LXC, for docker install on the base install or put it in a lxc or vm. I am currently running all of of the above. I have...
  20. markarr

Proxmox 6.2 released

If you asking if you can access the web gui from the proxmox box itself then you are correct you need a second computer as there is no gui install with proxmox. It is debain so in theory you could install a gui and manage it from itself but not a great practice.