Search results

1. A

Fresh OmniOS 151028 installation hangs on Intel S1200btl

unfortunately, after the installation of 151028 my computer did not boot anymore. I stay with 151022 LTS.
  2. A

Gea, when I prepare my NAS to use napp-it, is it better to install the newest version of omniosce r151028 or can I stay with the LTS version r151022 ? It will be a NAS for movies and family photos. Thank you very much for all your answers. Kind regards Alex
  3. A

I just installed the LTS version r151022 without any problems. Could it be that the developers have removed some older drivers ? With the new version r151028 the installation doesn't work. The installation stops at ehci. The motherboard is reset to default settings, it have installed the latest bios
  4. A

Im booting from a sata cd-rom, using a usb 1 keyboard. The Mainboard do not have a PS/2 Port.
  5. A

Gea, thank you very much for the help. Here is a screenshot.
  6. A

I have the verbose mode on. The installer stops at ehci.
  7. A

Hello, I am currently installing OmniOsCE r151028 on an Intel mainboard s1200btl. The installation starts, but after a short time it hangs up, I suspect hardware detection. Before that, I set the motherboard to default settings. Do any of you have any idea why the installation is stopping...
  8. A

smb clients blocking each other when access the same file

Hello Alex, unfortunately, I have not followed up this topic any more because of too much work and a uninterrupted lack of free time. I just installed the ...16 Version back. I am very curious whether you manage to find a solution, could you post here, if you find one ? Kind regards Alex
  9. A

WakeOnLan the Backup-PC, then replicate, then shutdown

The backup-Pc is a pretty HP Microserver N54L gen 8 cube. The microserver reacts to a WOL command, this can be turned on in the bios. The WOL I can realise with a windows tool, it works. How can I do the turn off part of the task ? How can I build a script, which checks if a replication job is...
  10. A

WakeOnLan the Backup-PC, then replicate, then shutdown

Hello, I just have built my first backup system using napp-it's replication module. server -> omnios + napp-it backup -> omnios + napp-it The backup consists of four single replication jobs of single zfs filesystems. These are only few data and the replications last for only few minutes. It...
  11. A

Thank you gea for your answer I will ask there
  12. A

thank you very much for your answer. To be able to work in the week I have switched back to the previous bootenvironment r151016, which is working very well using unchanged user, cifs and acl settings. The problem appears just after the update to the new version. No other setttings have...
  13. A

Hello, my setup: 1x Worksation (Win 7) -> editing a 3d-project with common textures on file server 4x Render node (Win 7) -> they help the Workstation by rendering using common textures from the file server Fileserver (omnios-r151018 + napp-it) -> common textures Since the update of omnios...