Search results

1. E

m32-arz0 fan profile

Posted this in the wrong forum - anyone figured out how this works. It seems simple enough; go into the bmc web page and create a profile for each fan type based on sensor readings. Two problems: 1. I expected there to be the option to use multiple profiles in order to set each fan...
  2. E

mz32-ar0 fan profile

Anyone figured this out. It seems simple enough; go into the bmc web page and create a profile for each fan type based on sensor readings. Two problems: 1. I expected there to be the option to use multiple profiles in order to set each fan configuration independently. But when I set one...
  3. E

UK Zyxel Multi-Gig 12-Port Web Managed Switch with 2-Port 2.5G/2-Port 10G SFP+ - £124.99

A decent price for UK I think. The web interface is pretty basic but should be good enough (bought a couple but not tested them yet) Zyxel Multi-Gig 12-Port Web Managed Switch with 2-Port 2.5G/2-Port 10G SFP+ Desktop/Wallmount, 5-Years Warranty [XGS1210-12] : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
  4. E

Wifi Mesh / 6E Advice please

Hi I want to move some of my computing crap to another location in the house; I want to it to join my existing network. That location has no wired ethernet capability. I want at least a throughput equal to a wired 1Gbps link, anything greater is a bonus. I believe I have 3 options: Pay...
  5. E

TrueNAS ISCSI Thin Provisioning to ESXi

Bit confused with this, maybe someone can show me where I am making a mistake or three I've setup a pool that consists of 4 vdev mirrors giving a pool space of 2.21TiB - got a couple of ESXi 7.0u3 servers using this pool. I've migrated a bunch of VM's onto it. TrueNAS is reporting a pool...
  6. E

esxi-7-0-and-mellanox-connectx-2-support-fix/

Needed another 10Gbe connection temporarily, this negated me buying another nic https://vdan.cz/vmware/esxi-7-0-and-mellanox-connectx-2-support-fix/
  7. E

Free (virtual) firewall with centralised management

Installed NSX-T but probably overkill for my uses - main reason to stick with it is the centralised management function and single object use across multiple firewalls. Anything free with the same capability? I would like about 6-7 firewalls deployed.
  8. E

Uimage for ARM64 Device

Longshot but any experts here could possibly skool me on how to construct an image to boot on a Storevirtual 3200. Its ARM based, I've done some initial digging on how its constructed based on the image files it has on its internal SD card. I'm looking to construct an image which I can boot...
  9. E

UK HP 3PAR StoreServ 20000 Storage, Dual 12gb/s Dual-port I/o Module, Dual PSU - £59.99

HP 3PAR StoreServ 20000 Storage, Dual 12gb/s Dual-port I/o Module, Dual PSU | eBay Got to be worth a punt at that price (sod the electricity bill!)
  10. E

Theoretical Question - VMware ESXi 7.x RAID Controller compatibility

If Broadcom came out with a not-for-production / not certified but nevertheless usable driver for their LSI 9200 series controllers to use on ESXi 7.x what do you think the community response would be? Do you think there would a level of goodwill and publicity that would reward developing the...
  11. E

CSE-827 - Nutanix NX-8235-G4 / Supermicro 2028TP-DNCTR - NVME support

Hi Not sure this is the right forum but hopefully someone can help. I've picked up a couple of these. The backplanes and backplane connectivity parts suggest that NVME drives are detected but so far I can't find any evidence that mine are. Is there any obvious sign in the BIOS that NVME...
  12. E

NSX-T - Anyone got a few brain cells aligned with this

I'm messing about in a new cluster trying to emulate my current setup using NSX-V. I'm slowly getting there but more by luck / brute force than intelligence, and I keep wondering if I'm going about this the right way in the first place i.e. I have a configuration at present where i have a...
  13. E

Quanta D51B-2u PCIE slots

Anyone know / understand how the Quanta PCIE slots work? I've bought one of these; they have a couple of risers in, one is 2 x 8 slots, the other sports a 1 x 8 slot and a 1 x 16 slot. It was sold on the basis that 2 PCIE slots would work - I have only 1 CPU in at the moment so this may be the...
  14. E

UK HPE MicroServer Gen10 Plus (Pentium Gold G5420) - £377.47 inc. VAT

I dont think this is a good deal but its cheaper than most sites I think https://www.serversplus.com/Servers/Tower-Servers/HPE-Tower-Servers/P16005-421
  15. E

AU Quanta M4600H Ultra-Dense 4U Disk Expansion Unit 60 Bay 2x 6GBPS 60 Trays

Looks a good price - haven't done any research on this since its in the land of the oz.... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Quanta-M4600H-Ultra-Dense-4U-Disk-Expansion-Unit-60-Bay-2x-6GBPS-60-Trays/184571141159?hash=item2af94c1c27:g:grAAAOSw8d5fzvzV
  16. E

K8's On VMware

Hi After some advice - whats the "best" (if any) way to go on a bit pf container action. I've a cluster of a couple of ESXi servers under vCenter on 6.7u2. I'm using a a pair of FusionIO drives with a Storevirtual virtual san (lefthand) to give me a shared storage layer. My identified options...
  17. E

Mikrotik Help

Hi Picked this up a CRS226-24G-2S+RM a while back, been using it on and off but only put it back into use again recently. I'm not trying to do anything too strenuous, a bit of VLANing and QOS, but I'm continually confused by the multiple ways you can configure some of the options. I've used...
  18. E

X9DRi-LN4F+ continous beeping error puzzle

Hope someone has cracked this before - if i boot this mobo with a Dell H700 RAID card in it then almost immediately after cards rom ouput there is a continous beep from the system (I think the mobo rather than the card but not sure) - the system is locked (soft because I can switch it off by...
  19. E

recovery of files from network share

Big of fat fingers. Deleted files from a network share - blew a way a couple of TB. Not the end of the world but any advice on how to get data back from it? Its out of the server - it was just a USB drive mounted in windows with a simple share. The s/w I have used so far shows the files but...
  20. E

Cisco Nexus N5K-C5020P-BF 40-Port 10Gb Switch $75

Says password reset might be required - there appears to be recovery articles on the net fwiw Cisco Nexus N5K-C5020P-BF 40-Port 10Gb Switch w/ 2x 750W Power Supplies 882658211935 | eBay