Search results

1. D

Cannot connect to Napp-it - error 2 instances of service

Thank you for helping me, Gea. I had tried shutting down my server, rebooting it, I thought everything. Asking Napp-it to restart did not work. Out of pure bad luck, we had a power failure the other night. Everything in my house went dead. Even the computers that were connected to UPS...
  2. D

Cannot connect to Napp-it - error 2 instances of service

Hey, I've been going about a year without any maintenance. My last thread was here where I did a server update. OmniOS was a fresh install of 151038, Napp-it was a fresh install, and I'm using 21.01b9. A few weeks ago I was no longer able to connect to my Napp-it device. From my mac I can...
  3. D

Cannot login via web to Napp-it

Thanks Gea, I probably do not need 21.01b9 for those features and can live with 19.12b16. But I respect your work and the support you give and will still ask you for a quote to use the pro version and keep you developing Napp-it. But I'm still having problems... OmniOS is a fresh install of...
  4. D

Gea, 19.12b15 was the newest version it was showing me.. there was nothing newer than that, although it seemed strange that it was 2 years old... I suspected a problem, some gremlin in the code that was interfering with the function. Well, I spent too many hours trying to fix the problem, so I...
  5. D

I did update to v19.12 and I still receive Are there other services that this is dependent on? Also, I'm confused why after copying the /var/web-gui/_log directory back to OmniOS the old AFP share service does not allow me to connect to my shared zfs pool via AFP. I wonder if something else...
  6. D

I restored the info in OmniOS /var/web-gui/_log/ then I restarted Napp-it via On my Mac I did not see any shared folders as I used to. Sometimes shared folders on my Mac would disappear in Finder, such as after a long power failure when NAS restarted in the past. I tried manually...
  7. D

Thanks, I actually already tried those two steps: ping to 192.168.1.2 is good and restart napp-it did not solve issue. What I did find was that Mac Safari web browser will not connect to Napp-it server, but using Firefox it will connect. I will investigate the cause of the browser issue, so far...
  8. D

Thanks gea, I see my mistake and have re-run the command and installed napp-it. However, I cannot log in via a web browser. I am pointing my browser to http://192.168.1.2:81 and it does not connect, as if napp-it web service is not running. Can you provide a little more help...
  9. D

@gea So tonight I worked on updating my system. I exported my pool, backed up /var/web-gui/_log/, installed OmniOS 151038, and imported my pool. Things were going well, but I receive an error trying to install Napp-it. What am I missing? ~# wget -O - www.napp-it.org/napp-it | perl...
  10. D

Thanks Gea, I agree…
  11. D

restart napp-it command gives same error : cannot find /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 uname -a : sunoS 5.11 omnios-r151020-b5b8c75 I thought my system was up to date, however, this appears to be a release from 2016. I was sure I have updated since then??? I wonder if it would be possible to...
  12. D

@gea This is Unix, SunOS 5.11. I believe I went with Illumos over open Indiana, but it was years ago that I set this up. I don’t understand why it is looking for a Linux file. When I run the command you give I receive the same error.
  13. D

update : I connected a monitor and keyboard to my server (it is normally headless) and logged in. I tried to restart napp-it, and receive an error /root # cd /etc/init.d /etc/init.d # napp-it mini-https : cannot find /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /usr/bin/napp-it : line 17 : 27428 : killed ok...
  14. D

@gea Hello, I've been using Napp-it since around 2013, and luckily for me I don't have to do much, it just works. Folders are currently shared over my network via AFP to my iMac. I use a gen7 HP micro server as a NAS for additional storage and streaming movies. I have not been able to...
  15. D

Why I love ZFS and Napp-It

By the way, I care not about what he has or how much storage, but WHY he has that much storage. How is it arrogant to ask why he has that setup? If you re-read my comment, I'm not saying "cool story, now let me TELL you how to do it better, my way", I'm ASKING, "cool story, WHY isn't the...
  16. D

Yup, I'm a nerd too, super nerd, that's why I'm here and running OmniOS instead of WHS or some Linux distro, or FreeNas on my own hardware and not some Synology NAS. And I got the point of the post being about recovery ability of ZFS. I actually read his entire post. That said, the Internet is...
  17. D

Cool story, but 16 x 4TB drives, does anyone really need that amount of data backed up for personal use? Seems like you just have a lot of movies you are holding for on-demand streaming. Considering your hardware cost, time spent for configuration/recovery, electric bill, etc, wouldn't...
  18. D

napp-it: Time Machine over SMB

I think you could set up a time machine share over AFP though if you can't get SMB to work. If you do, post how for others.
  19. D

LX Zones in OmniOS for DLNA Server

This could probably be a post in several other threads, but I thought I'd just start a new one. One thing I want is a DLNA server on my OmniOS server. MediaTomb add-on does play content, but as a UPNP server it does not support fast forward, rewind, etc of media. Most people would hope to set...