Search results

1. B

Server 2019: How to get best ST performance inside guest VM

Hi We have a Hyper-V host running Server 2019 and guest VMs running Server 2019 as well. In our main Server VM each job that is processed is single threaded and I am looking into improving thins a little bit if possible. Since it is Server 2019 it using the core schedule and currently the VM...
  2. B

VHDX disk usage Guest vs Host discrepancies

Hi Can anyone explain the following to me: Inside the VM the drive shows a usage of 149GB. When I select all folders on that drive I get a total of 5GB. When I look at the VHDX file on the hosts file system the size is about 5GB - the 5GB pretty much reflect what I copied to that drive over the...
  3. B

Server 2019 Hyper-V VHDX performance sucks for small files

Hello dear forum members I just benched my virtual server and the VHDX which is meant for the file storage isn't performing very well. The bare metal SSD RAID gets around 515MB/s for files sizes of 256kb and the VM only achieves 439MB/s - IOMeter 100% random read. The smaller the file sizes go...
  4. B

SSD RAID 6 - diskrepancy Benchmarks and real world tests - stripe-size right?

Hi I am setting up a RAID for a file server. It is supposed to be a RAID 6 with 9 SSDs and it will replace a RAID 10 with 8 HDDs (7200rpm). The files we store are pretty small: 10% below 32kb 5% between 32-64kb 60% between 64 - 300kb 25% above 300kb and like 2 % above 1MB files are written...
  5. B

Broadcom Controller and LSI expander - Databolt not working (solved)

Hi I use a 9460-8i RAID controller. It is connected to a Chenbro SAS Expander with LSI 3x 36 chipset via 1 MinSAS connector available on the controller. In Broadcom LSA the connection status says that is connected to the backplane with 4 channels. I am using 9 SATA SSDs in a RAID 5 and the RAID...
  6. B

LSI 9440 8i - LSA not able to login

Hi Since the primary question was resolved quickly I changed the title to the 2nd issue which I had : I simply cannot login into LSA with my admin credentials on my Windows server 2019. Old: I just tried to setup my new server which has a LSyi 9440 8i Raid card. I have 2 issues: 1 I can't...
  7. B

Storage server - RAID 6, 10 or storage spaces ? - which way to go nowdays?

Hi everyone! I need to replace our storage server which hold medical images (PACS server) of about 13TB. The server isn't mission critical as we also have an enterprise PACS but the server works as secondary backup and image router as well as VPN access - so loosing all the data would actually...