Search results

1. K

Linux or Windows For Storage/Backup Server

I know both will do the job just fine so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter, but that's why I am asking you guys. There might be something I'm not thinking of that would influence my decision. FWIW - I will be putting 6 2TB drives into my PowerEdge 2950 and using raid 5 to create...
  2. K

Cisco Switch Pricing

I am looking to buy a managed switch, preferably cisco. Unfortunately this is completely not neccesary so i can't really justify spending a whole lot on it. All I can find on eBay is 100mbit within my price range, so I figure ill save myself some time and ask here. The only thing I really...
  3. K

Revamping HTPC Setup, Let Me Know If You See Any Flaws

So I'm going to be testing/implementing this in about a month but I figure id ask, maybe get some heads up about if it does or doesn't work and what I can or cant do to fix it. Right now I just have my old desktop HDMI'ed to my TV, with a few 2TB HDDs in it. I will be buying a few more...
  4. K

I Would Like to Introduce Myself!

So the following introductory part is relative but unnecessary, so if you don't feel like reading semi-useless information, feel free to skip the following paragraph where I give a little background information on myself, and go to the part where I ask questions that you would probably be able...